14 Teams laid off

88 Landrover

TB Lurker
Credits
Just heard that NC laid off 14 teams this week . looks pretty bleak at the moment for freight , transit times get longer as prices drop , hope the recovery works soon . trucking should show signs of recovery first . that usually is an indicator of business picking up . have to wait and see :popcorn:

Was Underdognpa, Are you one of the teams ?Freight has been slow Making things match the qualcom is a nightmare!! I was laid off and caled back Dec2 2008. was off 30 days I Heard 1 Team was laid off But that was it Pray for all of us something gives soon or we all will be in the poor House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42804d0217b51e54.jpg
I never promised you a rose garden.

If this is true, 14 teams, that's about 1.4 million in rev. lost. No company can recover from a hit that big. Wake up people. Wake up.

Blue Heron, the way i do the math it is a minimum of 7 mill in revenue (annual) figure the team does 300,00 per year at 1.75 per mile(low guess should be closed to 2-2.5) x 14 ..if they do 200 mill a year thats only 3.5% of the revenue

I heard the freight volume on the west coast has dropped severely for us and that was the reason for the team layoffs.
There were also some solo layoffs. I think they are laying off by where you live now.
I heard about one solo that's been here 3.5 years,lives in Arkansas,was about to go on vacation,and got laid off.
Anybody that works here and thinks they're immune to the layoffs better think again.
Times are tough and bound to get tougher.
I'll just be happy to get through it with ANY job.:nutkick:

I spoke to a friend there.He told me the layoffs are NOT being done by strictly senoirity,but by who the whiners and dead wood are.He got hired in the summer .Guys on both sides of the list have been let go.
I am glad that I stayed away.My butt would be gone.I like to spend time at the house.
He also said that runs are being cut shorter and more relays,keeping guys around 1500 miles/week.Those are his observations.

By February 23 there were 18 teams that got laid off. My husband and I were one of them. The first ones to go were from the north west, then some logbook teams and finally 8 regular teams. Cut off for the nlaid off teams was a hire date beginning July '08. Within a 12 month period this is the second time we ae going through this. Hopefully the next job will las longer. Anybody heard of R + R trucking out of Duenweg, MO (near Joplin)?

By February 23 there were 18 teams that got laid off. My husband and I were one of them. The first ones to go were from the north west, then some logbook teams and finally 8 regular teams. Cut off for the nlaid off teams was a hire date beginning July '08. Within a 12 month period this is the second time we ae going through this. Hopefully the next job will las longer. Anybody heard of R + R trucking out of Duenweg, MO (near Joplin)?

don't know much about them... usually always see them with explosive placards on trailer,might haul weapons

Gotta be better then NC, at least you will be working......

I agree with littledawg in his reasoning about west coast freight. I really believe that this fact is why so many teams were let go. Any company that wants to stay in business has to make tuff choices in this economy,and the idea of backhauling cheap freight is a luxury nobody can afford,most often including layovers in the process. Take a look around at the truckstops on the west coast,they're all packed full with trucks waiting for loads that pay anything close to decent money. I say "sorry" to any teams that had to go through this,but better to fold a losing hand to live another day than to push it till the end. Let's hope that with any luck,we can position ourselves as a company to be ready when and if a recovery happens. I'm just sayin!

well it's a couple of months later now. how are things at new century as far as layoffs? have any of those who were layed off in march brought back yet or are things still dead? what are things like in westhampton, n.j.?

We're back at NC. I know of at least 2 teams who got rehired. Right now NC is looking for teams from Ohio and North Carolina. Things are looking better.

the only thing i can say on this one...is there were way to many teams crying and could not make it back to east coast with the freight that was given to them...then they lost the account....

Actually, all the teams that got laid off and NC wanted back are already back.
The ones who just wouldn't do the job are still gone.
They are hiring new teams and solos for certain areas.
We are really busy right now.
Although I am definitely unhappy about the pay cut, I am busy and still making money, which is more than I can say for a lot of people.