XPO | $15.00 Temp. Drivers

NorthTXcon-way

TB Veteran
Credits
Last week our service center took on a whole bunch of temp. drivers and temp. dock workers. We took over some accounts from Ft. Worth and were just getting blown away. I don't know how much the dock hands are making, but I talked to one of the temp. drivers and he said $15 hr. We thought they were only for this one account. (theres about 10 of these temp drivers) But, I've seen them at other places doing swaps and live loads. It's not really affecting anybody's start time because there is so much work, but they're only making $15/hr. and doing the same job as me and liking the money(atleast they have a job metality).

I know Con-way is paying more than the $15 to the temp. agency, but my point is that there are a lot of folks that are willing to do this job for far less and happy about it.

They also work the dock like we do.

It's a cost saving measure that is good for the company, your future, and mine.

:biglaugh:Your replacements are being trained!:nutkick: Seriously though it's good that we have enough work to be needing extra people. Lots of people struggling and at least we can help out even if it is on a temporary basis.

its temp to hire ! was called about it from a temp service they got me off careerbuilder you work 75 days then they may hire you at full rate if you make it

its temp to hire ! was called about it from a temp service they got me off careerbuilder you work 75 days then they may hire you at full rate if you make it

That's not so bad.

Here I thought we were just trying to give those that are struggling a hand up. Not unusual for Conway to be so philanthropic......with humility.

while its nice to get extra bodies in to help with increased volumes of business i cant help but think these are previews of things to come. i always thought we used our flex board to compensate for increased volume. right now our city operation is running close to maximum but we have 1-2 guys a night sitting. i understand the cost savings in the sub-service, to a point. but, the addition of alot of part timers just makes it all a big downer.

One of the last guy's hired at the SC here went out on a linehaul run with the other driver, came back and only showed up to turn in his keys. Said it's not what he's looking for. :TR10driving03: :biglaugh: You make your 75 days and then some you've done good :thumbsup: