TForce | 16 bucks to start really?????

Oh yeah that's right or vacation
Actually I am in my third year and may not work 156 days this year so I won't get a vacation or holidays next year- either all due to a damn contractor

That is a false hood. You get all holidays after 1 year. And you get prorated vacation based on your reports, 1 day for every 40 reports x the number of weeks you have earned, if you don't have 156 reports.

Thank Hoffa, He get's your onion dues even when you sit at home.
Thats why it's not a issue with the hoffa onion!

Hey frednelaine, I have to tell you that I have never received a call from dispatch past Friday nite. For over a year, it's been like this. Just because it's like how you describe at your terminal, doesn't necessarily mean the same goes for the rest of the system. That's just obvious, but you might either refuse to see it or don't care regardlesss

As for the remark that if a employee has 7 or 8 years employment they are considered newbies, is narrow-minded. Alot of us have 20+ yeArs as an LTL employee. Some of us have been teamsters long before employment with UPS. With the industry the way it is, some, like myself, chose to move around to find better pay, or opportunity. Which means some of us might know about starting at the bottom a bit more than you.

I thought it was suppose to start out 85% of top scale.

I dont know where youre at or if youre under the same contract, but here ive got the 3 year scale memorized because Im still on it. $14.95 to start, $16.13 for seniority, $17.20 after 1 year, $19.35 after 2 years and full scale after 3 years.

When I first hired on with Overnite back in 1986 the ladder was shorter,it only took one and a half years to get to the top pay scale.
I have no clue when it changed to three years?
However I know most trucking companies have the three year process.
May be the current three years is how long these companies feel any employee is going to turn out to be a good worker,or a worthless piece of donkey dung.
Where by the company will find a way to give them the boot.

Hey frednelaine, I have to tell you that I have never received a call from dispatch past Friday nite. For over a year, it's been like this. Just because it's like how you describe at your terminal, doesn't necessarily mean the same goes for the rest of the system. That's just obvious, but you might either refuse to see it or don't care regardlesss

As for the remark that if a employee has 7 or 8 years employment they are considered newbies, is narrow-minded. Alot of us have 20+ yeArs as an LTL employee. Some of us have been teamsters long before employment with UPS. With the industry the way it is, some, like myself, chose to move around to find better pay, or opportunity. Which means some of us might know about starting at the bottom a bit more than you.

Sorry for my slow reponse but,here it is Sunday afternoon and I just got back from yet another extra trip.
Uh,have you ever thought about picking up the phone and calling them?
They are NOT gonna call you on the weekend if they don't know you want to work.The work will NOT come to you,you have to go to it.
Finally,if you "choose" to jump around from one company to another,you'll NEVER have any senoirity and you'll always be on the bottom.But,that's your right.

Sorry for my slow reponse but,here it is Sunday afternoon and I just got back from yet another extra trip.
They are NOT gonna call you on the weekend if they don't know you want to work.The work will NOT come to you,you have to go to it.
Finally,if you "choose" to jump around from one company to another,you'll NEVER have any senoirity and you'll always be on the bottom.But,that's your right.

Maybe he signs up for weekend road work every week and they never call him. Thats the boat Im in. Id love to run every saturday right now to pay some bills but they never have work available.

Some of us have not been as fortunate as others to avoid company closings.

I will not call to jump the line, its by seniority. And Yes they do call on the weekend, You are mistaken. They will give the work to the shyte-eating Contractors that are parked in the yard all weekend before they will give the work to us.

I will not call to jump the line, its by seniority. And Yes they do call on the weekend, You are mistaken. They will give the work to the shyte-eating Contractors that are parked in the yard all weekend before they will give the work to us.

But,you say they call you.If you're hungry enough,you'll take what ever they give you.
Even if it is the table scraps leftover from the contractors.
I'm not trying to pick on you but,everyone needs to stop worrying about what everybody else is doing and take care of themselves.

No, I didn't say they call me. I said that they do call on the weekend, it just happens to be those at higher seniority.

And I dont think you are picking on me, but you should re-read what is posted a few times before you fire off a response.