Holland | 17 Series

TonyTheTiger

TB Lurker
Credits
Let's hope they have a bunch ordered. Time to give these old Corn binders and Swedish Peterbilts a break, huh? All automatics from what I've seen.

Do you guys with the 16's get use to that adaptive cruise control after awhile? I only drove one for two nights about a month ago and I just hated that feature.

I don't know if there is any truth to it (I'm doubtful), but a couple of years ago from one of the service managers that there was a inner company memo that there was a 4 year fleet replacement plan. I hope they don't plan on getting over 1 million + miles out of these cheap plastic Daimler junkers that they are running now. They will not hold up like the Binders and Volvos have. I have driven 15 series trucks that had more rattles than a 27 series already. I have hoped that they have them on a maximum 5 year lease on them, then turn them in for a new cheapo.

I'm worried I won't be able to hold onto my 42series Volvo much longer with these new ones coming in. Can't be that stretch frame ride.

I don't know if there is any truth to it (I'm doubtful), but a couple of years ago from one of the service managers that there was a inner company memo that there was a 4 year fleet replacement plan. I hope they don't plan on getting over 1 million + miles out of these cheap plastic Daimler junkers that they are running now. They will not hold up like the Binders and Volvos have. I have driven 15 series trucks that had more rattles than a 27 series already. I have hoped that they have them on a maximum 5 year lease on them, then turn them in for a new cheapo.
Freightliners have always been junk, nothings changed , if they get 4 years out of them they will be ahead of the game.

I'm worried I won't be able to hold onto my 42series Volvo much longer with these new ones coming in. Can't be that stretch frame ride.
I just want a truck that's not going to break down all the time. I'm afraid what going to happen is the senior drivers will get new tricks and people like me driving a 1.illion mile international will be stuck with a worn out 15series.

I just want a truck that's not going to break down all the time. I'm afraid what going to happen is the senior drivers will get new tricks and people like me driving a 1.illion mile international will be stuck with a worn out 15series.
If it goes that way you have to respect seniority. It's all we have left. When you gain some you will exercise your time vested as well.

If it goes that way you have to respect seniority. It's all we have left. When you gain some you will exercise your time vested as well.
Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, if a driver is driving a 15,16, or 17, why should they get another brand new truck before someone driving a truck with over a million miles? I know MOST terminals (except Chattanooga) is assigning them by sebiority, why should they stop half way through the list and start back over?

Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, if a driver is driving a 15,16, or 17, why should they get another brand new truck before someone driving a truck with over a million miles? I know MOST terminals (except Chattanooga) is assigning them by sebiority, why should they stop half way through the list and start back over?
Who knows central gave authority of assigning trucks to terminal managers except 3&2 million milers. A lot of us don't agree with them anyway so just you get lucky and get one.