FedEx Freight | 17-year-old girl died hours after Cigna finally agreed to pay for new liver

Saw this story on Goodmorning America. What bunch of heartless beauracrats. They did ok the transplant about 30 min before she passed away. Thanks Harrision for your choice of insurance companies.:nutkick::hide:

Saw this story on Goodmorning America. What bunch of heartless beauracrats. They did ok the transplant about 30 min before she passed away. Thanks Harrision for your choice of insurance companies.:nutkick::hide:

i say we all need to start calling hro and voice our concerns. many of us have already had our problems with cigna,lets not let them have the opertunity to let it happen to our families.i know i will be makeing a call or two.

Congrats on your 1st post!! Keep em coming.:1036316054:

FM

i say we all need to start calling hro and voice our concerns. many of us have already had our problems with cigna,lets not let them have the opertunity to let it happen to our families.i know i will be makeing a call or two.

Congrats on your 1st post!! Keep em coming.:1036316054:

FM

Are you trying to justify what happened to this poor child?

no...........why would you ask me such a dumb@ss question like that...??

i am merely pointing out that cigna, like MANY other insurance companies is publicly traded on the stock market. in order to show thier shareholders a profit each and EVERY quarter, they need to make sure they don't have expendatures that cut into the dividends those shareholders recieve. thusly, any insurance company can AND will refuse to make payouts to those they insure.

its like, "give us your money, but we'll decide if you deserve any payments later" to those insured people.

in sharp contrast, if they don't show quarterly profits, the shareholders will find a way, usually through a vote, to disolve the company, or at the very least, remove those in charge, to guarantee high profits and dividend payouts..............

again...........its a form of terrorism that we as a nation support, for our own pockets, and screw everyone else.....in need.............

Are you trying to justify what happened to this poor child?

i am merely pointing out that cigna, like MANY other insurance companies is publicly traded on the stock market. in order to show thier shareholders a profit each and EVERY quarter, they need to make sure they don't have expendatures that cut into the dividends those shareholders recieve. thusly, any insurance company can AND will refuse to make payouts to those they insure.

its like, "give us your money, but we'll decide if you deserve any payments later" to those insured people.

in sharp contrast, if they don't show quarterly profits, the shareholders will find a way, usually through a vote, to disolve the company, or at the very least, remove those in charge, to guarantee high profits and dividend payouts..............

again...........its a form of terrorism that we as a nation support, for our own pockets, and screw everyone else.....in need.............

Do You Hear Us Go ! Or Don't You Care ?

Ciga needs to go ! DO YOU HEAR US GO !
We need to do something now before
this is one of our family members !
How about this , maybe one of your
family members , now it's different ?

Do You Hear Us Go ! Or Don't You Care ?

Ciga needs to go ! DO YOU HEAR US GO !
We need to do something now before
this is one of our family members !
How about this , maybe one of your
family members , now it's different ?

thats right cigna needs to go,we need everyone to call HRO and let them know just how we feel about cigna maybe they will do something about it. every time someone ask what kind of health insurance fedex has i tell them cigna,they laugh and say a big company like fedex using a crappy company like cigna,wow fedex must be getting a kick back from cigna.

thats right cigna needs to go,we need everyone to call HRO and let them know just how we feel about cigna maybe they will do something about it. every time someone ask what kind of health insurance fedex has i tell them cigna,they laugh and say a big company like fedex using a crappy company like cigna,wow fedex must be getting a kick back from cigna.

I get the same response here also , especially from my doctor !!!

Because your 1st dumbazz post sounded condesending to the insurance companies. :chairshot:

Cigna SUCKS!!!! Plain and simple I really don't know another way to say it that wouldn't get me banned from the boards. Cigna should be held responsible for this and all the other crap they put all of us through. Bite me Cigna, oh I forgot you already did!

Cigna is the Antichrist. It's board members relish this type of talk. They point to it when they sell it to corporation's looking to slash budgets.

Imagine the sighs of relief that reverberated through the upstairs offices when they discovered the girl had died. What a relief for them. Guess who made bonus that night? Lots of high fives and glasses tinkling at the bar that night.

Ask yourself what kind of company would associate itself with these demons? What kind of company would continue to do business with an insurance company that waited out a little girl right up to her last breath and then faxed an 'approval' to a closed office in the administrative wing of a hospital?

Well I suppose there's going to be a lot of harrumphing and fist shaking and angry phone calls to Cigna just to clarify our position and make certain that our employees children won't have to expect that sort of crass treatment. In fact all of you can rest assured that we have spoken to some very important people over there at Cigna and we can virtually assure you that your children are safe... Blah blah blah...

Cigna is a paid henchman. A punching bag. The mean company that says no when FedEx Freight really wants to say yes. But don't worry valued employees, we're going to make sure that the promises made to you by our founder will be strictly adhered to... blah blah blah blah...

We are doomed.

I don't know how Cigna works in the East but we in the West were told that Cigna does not make any decisions concernring medical treatment we are told that FedEx pays for its own Insurance and that Cigna is only the underwriter, so if any medical treatment is needed its actually FedEx that says "yes" or "no"

You can't possibly believe that!!!

Cigna is the Antichrist. It's board members relish this type of talk. They point to it when they sell it to corporation's looking to slash budgets.

Imagine the sighs of relief that reverberated through the upstairs offices when they discovered the girl had died. What a relief for them. Guess who made bonus that night? Lots of high fives and glasses tinkling at the bar that night.

Ask yourself what kind of company would associate itself with these demons? What kind of company would continue to do business with an insurance company that waited out a little girl right up to her last breath and then faxed an 'approval' to a closed office in the administrative wing of a hospital?

Well I suppose there's going to be a lot of harrumphing and fist shaking and angry phone calls to Cigna just to clarify our position and make certain that our employees children won't have to expect that sort of crass treatment. In fact all of you can rest assured that we have spoken to some very important people over there at Cigna and we can virtually assure you that your children are safe... Blah blah blah...

Cigna is a paid henchman. A punching bag. The mean company that says no when FedEx Freight really wants to say yes. But don't worry valued employees, we're going to make sure that the promises made to you by our founder will be strictly adhered to... blah blah blah blah...

We are doomed.

Do you realize that if the company paid every claim, it would go bankrupt?

If you really feel strongly, why don't you pay for this? spend every penny you have to save one life! I know it sounds cruel...and to some degree it is...yet reality is what it is!

Re-read darwin's law.

Get real.

jetro

Do you realize that if the company paid every claim, it would go bankrupt?

If you really feel strongly, why don't you pay for this? spend every penny you have to save one life! I know it sounds cruel...and to some degree it is...yet reality is what it is!

Re-read darwin's law.

Get real.

jetro

The company would not go bankrupt...I dont know about you but i pay every week out of my pay check for my health benifts,Do you know that they are making more monay, I have had to deal with the company&Cigna to get bills paid and are still fighting them,And the stuff i am fighting for is in the health book as COVERD but they still wont pay up...BUT THEY WILL TAKE THE MONAY OUT OF OUR PAYCHECK............