FedEx Freight | 17-year-old girl died hours after Cigna finally agreed to pay for new liver

I don't know how Cigna works in the East but we in the West were told that Cigna does not make any decisions concernring medical treatment we are told that FedEx pays for its own Insurance and that Cigna is only the underwriter, so if any medical treatment is needed its actually FedEx that says "yes" or "no"

It is this way for all Fedex companies.. Cigna just adminsters the plan as Fedex has it set up.. Fedex has the final say on all disputes.

Why can't we all have the same health plan the senate, congress, executive, and judicial branches of government have? Why are they any better than us?

Do you realize that if the company paid every claim, it would go bankrupt?

If you really feel strongly, why don't you pay for this? spend every penny you have to save one life! I know it sounds cruel...and to some degree it is...yet reality is what it is!

Re-read darwin's law.

Get real.

jetro

Lets dig up her corpse and explain how paying for her transplant might set the company back.

It's called insurance not craps. You get sick, they pay, that's how it works.

Stop apologizing for the worst insurance company in the world.

It is this way for all Fedex companies.. Cigna just adminsters the plan as Fedex has it set up.. Fedex has the final say on all disputes.

Hey Oldcoot, I'm not sure if its the same for all FedEx companies, as far as I know it is. FedEx is its own health insurance company. They are the ones that pay for everything Cigna is only the underwriter. I'm sure if you called The Benefits Dept they would tell you the same. We are told that FedEx is its own Insurance Co at every meeting when it comes to close to re-enrollment. I don't know if you guys get a benefits statement every year about how much you used from the co insurance plan, vacation time, sick days, holidays, etc but we get one every year when it gets close to the time that they are deciding how much our raise should be. It tells you for example say you made $50,000 last year, this letter says not only did you make $50,000 in income last year but you actually made $60,000 due to the fact you used the Health Ins, vacation, etc. I know a couple guys that sued FedEx to get Gastric Bypass surgery and they won. So now a Gastric Bypass surgery is paid by the Company. Just some info for you please feel free to investigate it yourself, who knows maybe in the East things are different but I doubt it since we are suppose to be all one big happy family.

tripper
I transfered from West to System last year and I can assure you Sys/East benefits are quite different from West.. Not necessarly better or worse, but different.. I think the most importent thing is you have to check everything to make sure it is being done as it should, and if not, you have to make sure it gets changed.. Nobody will do it for you and you can't depend on it being done right.. I have protested several things I thought were paid incorrectly and each time they were corrected to what the plan docs say.. Also helps to read the docs and know what to expect when you need treatment..

ps: the benefits statement is an average of what they paid for everybody.. It is not your actual figures.. Says so in the fine print.

when did profit become a dirty word ? I also feel for the family but people need to educate themselves on the topics they speak about.

The doctors should have done the surgery anyway. Life is more important than money. They took an oath to save people, not sit around and wait for corporate America to tell them it's okay. I would sue them both!