XPO | Layoffs / Terminal Closings

BabyJ5525

TB Lurker
Credits
we were told Monday every terminal has to reduce staff . Drivers/dockworkers are being asked to take a 6-8 week layoff by seniority . No one took it so the bottoms guys got layed off. Will they hang around or go elsewhere ?? Also told smaller terminals that are not making money may be greatly reduced in staff and runs divided among other terminals or closed . Has anyone else been told this ?

we were told Monday every terminal has to reduce staff . Drivers/dockworkers are being asked to take a 6-8 week layoff by seniority . No one took it so the bottoms guys got layed off. Will they hang around or go elsewhere ?? Also told smaller terminals that are not making money may be greatly reduced in staff and runs divided among other terminals or closed . Has anyone else been told this ?
We had meeting Tuesday and this was not mentioned.

Yes
There’s a barn near us that is losing s portion of its area to us.
I have not heard of any closing but would not be surprised to see is happen if work can be redistributed.

Yea we lost some dock guys due to layoffs this week

Yes
There’s a barn near us that is losing s portion of its area to us.
I have not heard of any closing but would not be surprised to see is happen if work can be redistributed.
We haven't had any mention of this although they take away 3 of our linehaul runs. When you from 5 linehaul runs to 2 and 2 city guys quit I guess it evens out

We were told a PA terminal was going to lose around 10-12 guys due to run restructuring elsewhere. Milton, I think.

We have multiple drivers in temporary layoff status. We have lost several office workers as well as dock workers. We watch the empty line fill with sub service vans while up to 15 of our line drivers watch from home orseek walkabout work.

We haven't had any mention of this although they take away 3 of our linehaul runs. When you from 5 linehaul runs to 2 and 2 city guys quit I guess it evens out

Was told by TM today guys at full rate will see a 3% raise and this year the guys in progression will get 2% . When I asked about the city driver that was layed off coming back in may he just brushed it off as "maybe"

We were told a PA terminal was going to lose around 10-12 guys due to run restructuring elsewhere. Milton, I think.
Gotta be a big terminal to lose that many. Xan driver said he was told the are looking to making some major change to some smaller terminals and seeing if they can fold them into other locations. I guess it makes sense with everything that’s going on with layoffs. Sucks.

Gotta be a big terminal to lose that many. Xan driver said he was told the are looking to making some major change to some smaller terminals and seeing if they can fold them into other locations. I guess it makes sense with everything that’s going on with layoffs. Sucks.

Milton is enormous. You ain't never drove past it ?

Has been rumored for years that xrn was closing. Only 20 doors and 16 drivers you never know. They tell you on a Wednesday that your terminal is closing you need to decide by Monday. That is how con way did it

Those small terminals are so important for that boon dock freight. Stem times of 2 hours to cover that stuff.

Those small terminals are so important for that boon dock freight. Stem times of 2 hours to cover that stuff.
Since being bought by XPO , Con-way has done ZERO expansion ( that I am aware of and that wasn't already in the works before the sale )

And this in a time of driver shortages and booming? economy. What in the world will things look like when there is a downturn? Raises are nice but aren't the only signs of how things are going.

The driver shortage is over, as you can tell, sub service is back in full swing. Now jump on that forklift, we got get these otr guys rolling.

Not sure why you say lots of layoffs at union barns . I have 25 plus years with union barns and rarely , very rarely were there layoffs .
It all depends were you are at. The UPS barn in my area and there 2 of them have layoffs every year at this time and depending of volume anywhere from 2 to 3 months.