1967 White Rat Rod

People sure do some pretty cool stuff with old trucks.

Here's 1 I saw at my meet one night

cool_zps8b274bf6.jpg

i think that it may go to say, that if many of us had the time, money and all the tools and equipment, and a HUGE garage, we'd like to do the same things.

at least, i know i would, having a mechanics background, and knowledge of how i'd want my garage to be set up.

i'd hate however to have to start a project, then have to go to work on my job. i feel as though, a project deserves more time to get it done. i think about the tiredness after coming home from work, house projects or chores, and everything else that needs to be done, long before a build project.

by the time all things around the home is done, i'd be wiped out, and my concentration level, and even my temper might not be too good......

People sure do some pretty cool stuff with old trucks.

Here's 1 I saw at my meet one night

cool_zps8b274bf6.jpg

Those are pretty cool. I used to own a 1947 Chevy 2 1/2 ton flatbed (late 1947, the same body style as the GMC here) and a 1948 Chevy Dump truck. I also had gathered up several 47 1/2 to 1954 Chevy and GMC pickups and trucks, and had hoped to one day build something like this, or a "crew cab".

But a neighbor complained about all the stuff I had and the county made me clean it up. Something about non conforming use and junkyards.

Now that I live even farther out it would not be a problem. You can't see 90% of my property from the road, and anyone who can see my stuff is trespassing.

Now where did I leave that shotgun?

But a neighbor complained about all the stuff I had and the county made me clean it up. Something about non conforming use and junkyards.

Now that I live even farther out it would not be a problem. You can't see 90% of my property from the road, and anyone who can see my stuff is trespassing.

Now where did I leave that shotgun?

i just "love it" when people cannot MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS.......

i was having my yard re-done, taking away all the grass to make way for all black top. someone, came up on the work being done, called the city, city man comes over, orders the work to STOP NOW......

city guy, actually was cool, in that HE TOOK me and the contractor to the city office (building inspector's), explained to the other city worker my dilemma that i did not know nor did my contractor know, that the city has it in the "ordinance" that no more than 50% of a yard can be paved..>!!!

something about "keeping the city green"......

so the building inspector said, if i were to use some concrete and make a "patio", then i'd be good to go..!!

ok...$2,000......i was "good to go"....

so what do i do now...??

i park MY CAR......on my patio.......!!!!!!!!

(i did the re-working of my yard, to increase parking, which will increase my asking price when i sell my home, as parking on the streets over night, isn't allowed)

i have no shotgun, or any kind of gun........

but yeah........good for nuthing neighbors.......the VERY SAME ONE'S......

that "didn't see anything" when you NEED thier help.....

frig'em all.......

Picture617_zpsab0cc7e6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ok..see where the concrete butts up against the blacktop..??

there in the middle "line" in the concrete, i had a 70' tall blue spruce pine tree.

i had that removed, and i wanted black top all the way up to that "stone wall" you see, which was apart of that $2,000 COST...!

i am on the 2nd floor porch, so you cannot see, that the concrete comes in front of that porch (a mini walkway) which leads to the 3 steps, to go down to street level.........

before this work was done, the former blacktop had to be replaced, so i was "grand-father-in", but all due to that "F" nosy body, and $2,000 EXTRA.....i went from parking for 6 cars, "up to" parking for 10 (maybe 11) cars......(i had planned on ALL blacktop for the price given/agreed upon anyways, not the extra cost) and the concrete is "reinforced"...so i still got what i had set out to do......

a Victorian "multi-family home", in my city (Historic District), can go for over $400,000 easy, and with LOT's of parking.......as the old saying goes....."the sky's the limit".......but i expect not the limit, but a great price when i sell, as i am trying to be realistic.

Last edited by a moderator: