XPO | 1983... What a Very Good Year

Merdock

Kool-aid-aholic
Credits
remember the spring of '83?
Rumor of a new LTL company starting up?
They are going to do things so differently, and build a company on flexibility and customer service. Build a company from the ground up attracting drivers with an opportunity to work for a company that offers a great environment different from all others.

A little wish for Deja Vu at Christmas...
man, the company we could build with the drivers we have.

What was it Jerry Detter could see in '83 that is so missed in the blurred vision of our leaders today?

remember the spring of '83?
Rumor of a new LTL company starting up?
They are going to do things so differently, and build a company on flexibility and customer service. Build a company from the ground up attracting drivers with an opportunity to work for a company that offers a great environment different from all others.

A little wish for Deja Vu at Christmas...
man, the company we could build with the drivers we have.

What was it Jerry D could see in '83 that is so missed in the blurred vision of our leaders today?
today all they see is $$$$$$ and don't care about the customer or their help anymore.

Dave M***** said it first!

today all they see is $$$$$$ and don't care about the customer or their help anymore.
Back a couple of years age during reorientation at CSE Question and Answer Period -- Dave M***** said that he was going to make CSE as profitable as possible - NO matter :shades: what it takes and if your not up to the challenge or changes your free to move on to another company. :28: :wavey: His words not mine!
I don't mind some of the challenges or changes - I just wish that drivers lives were not affected so drastically by decisions that turn out to be temporary and then return to the original plan, formula, or actions.

Back a couple of years age during reorientation at CSE Question and Answer Period -- Dave M***** said that he was going to make CSE as profitable as possible - NO matter :shades: what it takes and if your not up to the challenge or changes your free to move on to another company. :28: :wavey: His words not mine!
I don't mind some of the challenges or changes - I just wish that drivers lives were not affected so drastically by decisions that turn out to be temporary and then return to the original plan, formula, or actions.

This isin't just a Conway issue, It's a corporate America issue.

Presidents, CEOs and BODs have just one job. That job is to create shareholder value for anyone that owns stock. Corporate policy changes are made just for this reason. They are not made to keep employees happy or to upset employees. It's strictly a business decision.

The only way to avoid issues like this would be to work for a privately held company. The owners of these companies have a lot more leeway when dealing with issues like this because it's their own money that gets made or lost.
I think a perfect example of this is A Duie Pyle. Talk to some of their employees if you get a chance. It seems like the Plye family values their employees and really knows how to take care of them.

I noted this before, We need to stop catoring to the stock market and start catoring to our customers.Press on

I noted this before, We need to stop catoring to the stock market and start catoring to our customers.Press on

That will never happen George. The shareholders are the owners and thats who the bosses will always be working for.

When I hired on here Gerry D. said "give a man the tools to the job and let him do the job".What a proficy! He also stated in a 1995 Milemarker, "if all Conway employees could return to the job he/she left to come to Conway, how much they would appriciate the job they have at Conway and what a company we could be". It's not the same without you Gerry. Don't even like any awards I get without your signature on. If you monitor at all, I for one still wish you were here. Best of luck to you G.. Press on

We all knew tho that the day Detter retired that Conway would NEVER be the same again..seems that day has come to the forefront. Sure is nice looking back at the past and the future is an overwhelming NIGHTMARE!! Press on drivers...

i can understand they want to make money but when that seems to be the only thing they care about its not as fun to do the job ..know what i mean ?? we had less than ten percent go to our xmas party ,, an all time low ..i know we cant turn back the clock to the old days but lets make this new year the year conway started caring about drivers and all employees again..