FedEx Freight | 1995...

MOMONEY!

TB Lurker
Credits
When I started in May of that year this place was rediculous with freight. Big Brown was on strike and these guys around here had work time banked for months after it was over. IT WAS CRAZY!!

Sad part is I made more in 1995 than I did last year....time for a real raise, not just some joke that doesn't match inflation year after year. We need a 15% raise just to catch up to the last 6 years or so. Tell me it isn't so RC!!!

RC thought we got a real raise every year when they bent us over the fuel tank and rammed the increased cost of reduced benefits in so hard it raised you right up on your toes.

A little off subject but was the big teamster strike in 1994 that stop the 22-23 big trucking companies. I beleive that's when Churchill shut down because of it. Just curious I was only 12 years old at the time, but remembering seeing it on t.v. and the family off to the picket line for I think was like 2 weeks.

Sad part is I made more in 1995 than I did last year....time for a real raise, not just some joke that doesn't match inflation year after year. We need a 15% raise just to catch up to the last 6 years or so. Tell me it isn't so RC!!!

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

This would be great but I can say after being here only 2.5 years....go look around for another job in the trucking industry. You will then remember we are paid damn good.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

This would be great but I can say after being here only 2.5 years....go look around for another job in the trucking industry. You will then remember we are paid damn good.

I will agree we're paid better than average in the industry...that doesn't mean we're paid what we're worth based upon qualifications and the headaches we go through on a daily basis...hell I gotta dodge Grocery throwers and tomato haulers!!!

I will agree we're paid better than average in the industry...that doesn't mean we're paid what we're worth based upon qualifications and the headaches we go through on a daily basis...hell I gotta dodge Grocery throwers and tomato haulers!!!

We are not paid better than the average in the industry, not hourly anyway. I work out of South Bend and all of our major competitors make $ 2.00 an hour more,and get more O/T.

We are not paid better than the average in the industry, not hourly anyway. I work out of South Bend and all of our major competitors make $ 2.00 an hour more,and get more O/T.

One of the biggest problems is that our drivers continue to fail industry standards for pre-trips, post trips and every aspect of safety. Slow the hell down folks!!! If we all drove more safely, we could command more money!

One of the biggest problems is that our drivers continue to fail industry standards for pre-trips, post trips and every aspect of safety. Slow the hell down folks!!! If we all drove more safely, we could command more money!

How do you figure? I have been here 15 years and out of all the numbers they throw out I have never heard any measure pointing out they we are under the industry standard for safety.
We should demand more money because we are profitable. Of course,demanding anything at this place is liking shooting a bb at a battleship.

How do you figure? I have been here 15 years and out of all the numbers they throw out I have never heard any measure pointing out they we are under the industry standard for safety.
We should demand more money because we are profitable. Of course,demanding anything at this place is liking shooting a bb at a battleship.

Your welcome to leave any time you like. If FXF treats you so bad and your so under paid just turn in your keys and move on to greenier pastures.

Your welcome to leave any time you like. If FXF treats you so bad and your so under paid just turn in your keys and move on to greenier pastures.

Ya know, back when it was that other company, you never once heard those words, guess that just goes to show you what a good company was and what a **** corporation it has become since the hostile takeover???:hide::TR10driving03:

Yep...just it, everyone can say what they want but they no it doesn't exist. I know I have said it before but seriously...if u think it is bad here go pull flatbed for 25% or otr van for.35 cpm....ya its terrible here.

hostile takeover really ? I miss AF also. But we have a damned good job and I just can't stand all the crying and whining. If you really hate your job that bad just quit. Our line haul guys do nothing but cry and complain and throw who ever they can under the bus. Just get tired of the whining. I been in this business a long time. I remember running 4k and 5k miles a week unloading my trailer then having to find another load and start all over again. cab-over tractors that beat your kidneys in to mush no power steering no air ride tractors or trailers. These new young pups have nothing to whine about.

Yep, remember those chain drive tractors you could walk faster than them going up the old grapevine.

Last edited by a moderator:

You sound like management material, I did not say one word about being treated bad either. Sheep like you are part of the problem,perfectly content with less because it's better than some b.s. OTR job or factory work.

The sad thing about it all is that HRO has created the animosity between all of us with there decisions that created millions of dollars of losses over the last 5 to 8 years. Theres so much EGG on there Face in HRO they will never admit to. Over the last year and a half the house has been cleaned. People you thought were good in there positions ( were not ) so good at all. You know when Pat R. was ready to step into the illustrious spot i'm sure he thought was his and they put a guy in there that had NO LTL Experience at all SOMETHING WAS UP!