Holland | 1st quarter 8-K May 6 plus Operating ratio .

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
The full 8-K can be found here : YRC Worldwide - Current Report

One thing I know everyone always want to know is Operating ratio so here it is from the current 8-K .

YRC National Transportation : 107.0
Regional Transportation : 100.3
Truckload : 115.3
Consolidated : 106.1

Ok, regionals breaking even. Somebodies losing money between the three of us. Any clue of who it is.

IF you listen to the conference call or read the transcripts Holland seems to be the bright light within YRCW . So I will say Thanks Holland you guy's seem to be doing it right !
I'm a little bit surprised and/or disappointed that us regionals were only at 100.3. I thought ours would be a little better than that.:shrug:

Holland's ratio ia also high because all are terminals that we owned and yrc sold are now leased back to us at a very high rate. Thanks yrc

Holland's ratio ia also high because all are terminals that we owned and yrc sold are now leased back to us at a very high rate. Thanks yrc
Although you could be right on the lease backs and getting over charged for them by YRCW. You are incorrect on the fact that it effects our operating ratio. That would be considered debt, which isn't used in the operating ratio calculation. We can't use that for an excuse.

CH mechanic told me it was 30,000 per unit
That wouldn't surprise me any. I wonder if Holland is still paying YRCW $800 thousand per week for administration fees, like we have been since they shut down our White House? Who knows, it could be over a million per week now, since times are tough, ya know.

That wouldn't surprise me any. I wonder if Holland is still paying YRCW $800 thousand per week for administration fees, like we have been since they shut down our White House? Who knows, it could be over a million per week now, since times are tough, ya know.

Yes we are still paying yrcw 750,000 a week and the banks 250,000.and on top of that were still profitable.someone has really shined that little lightbulb in there heads to turn this Holland unit around.

Yes we are still paying yrcw 750,000 a week and the banks 250,000.and on top of that were still profitable.someone has really shined that little lightbulb in there heads to turn this Holland unit around.
I agree. Even with getting screwed, (financially) from YRCW, we're still keeping our head above water. They must be doing something right, at the top, here at Holland. I've heard stories (rumors?) of Holland getting billed for YRC truck's wrecker calls. I've heard stories that Holland has been billed for YRC truck's fuel. YRCW is charging us 5 times what their tractors are actually worth.(and they're junk) And, although I know that there is a cost to a company for their administration (paperwork) fees, it damn sure isn't $750,000.00 per week! I'm sure there are many other examples of us getting hosed by Dollar Bill, yet were still holding our own. That is a testament to the people that are still working here.

I agree. Even with getting screwed, (financially) from YRCW, we're still keeping our head above water. They must be doing something right, at the top, here at Holland. I've heard stories (rumors?) of Holland getting billed for YRC truck's wrecker calls. I've heard stories that Holland has been billed for YRC truck's fuel. YRCW is charging us 5 times what their tractors are actually worth.(and they're junk) And, although I know that there is a cost to a company for their administration (paperwork) fees, it damn sure isn't $750,000.00 per week! I'm sure there are many other examples of us getting hosed by Dollar Bill, yet were still holding our own. That is a testament to the people that are still working here.
Those "magic erasers" are pretty expensive.

Those numbers came straight out of our terminal manager mouth.Holland pays about one million dollars to yrcw and to the banks a week.Flash I might have it backwards but that's what Holland pays per week.

Looking back at the days, shortly after YRCW had bought us and this $800,000.00 per week administration fee began, we should have seen the writing on the wall. They have been milking money out of us (and others) to fund their failed business plan since the beginning. Obviously Zollars wasn't smart enough to look at a successful business format, and model the YRC network around it. Instead, he tried to model the successful format into a stagnant model that had nothing special to offer a customer. Not only did he NOT improve the business strategy after their merger, he destroyed it. And because of his failed strategy.....he has continued to find new ways to milk money out of the rest of us to financially support his failure. He has not only destroyed several different business models, but he has destroyed a lot of good people's lives.

Did I happen to mention that I think that Zollars is a loser?