Central Transport | 1st quarter results

dcoty135

TB Lurker
Credits
The Company posted a loss from operations in its LTL division for the 2013 first quarter of $14.5 million compared to $4.8 million for the 2012 first quarter. The LTL division posted an OR (operating ratio) of 109.0% compared to an OR of 102.7% in the comparable period a year ago

basically we haul freight for free if it cost us $1.09 for every $1.0 in revenue, not good, not good at all.

basically we haul freight for free if it cost us $1.09 for every $1.0 in revenue, not good, not good at all.

well, our leaders are still on the idea that more freight equals more revenue,,,, well, it does to the gross but not the net

let's spell it out, shall we?

today i loaded with a fed ex on my right, an od on my left.... and we started to talk..... neither ever heard of unishippers that i was loading for, when i explained who they were,,, both laughed,,,, then laughed again when i got 3 of the ugliest skids they had on the dock,,,, i was wondering,,,,stood and watched their loads,,,, square, less than 48 inches wide, and both got over a third of a trailer (compared to my 3?) asked who they were pulling for, both looked at bills and both had their own names...hmmm asked if they pull for ch robinson,,,, od said who? c h rob me blind, fed ex laughed, both said if it is not their own, they dont pull it, no brokers, no logistics other than their own (granted this was trucker talk on a dock)

looked in each trailer, fe had either ancra or kinnedyne stacking system on 12 inch centers, said if they come into terminal with anything double stacked touching they get wrote up, so he uses it!!!!! he had a a 53 foot air ride with lift gate, and after 4 picks he was to the doors, said he needed to go back and get another trailer for rest of pickups,,,,,,,,,,,,geeeezzzzzzz made me feel like a worthless driver :regretful: i had 10 picks that made about 30 feet in a 53.

od had 6 straps on the wall, said they stay in that trailer, all p&d trailers have 6 straps, come back with less and you will buy new ones, need more and you sign out "extras" and dock guys need to check them back in....any wonder why od has lowest os&d claims $$$$$????

Okay, is it a sheer coincidence that the Charlotte terminal didn't get their paychecks in hand tonight? Or is it a sign of things to come?

yep. walk on any dock and check all skids, then find the oddball one. that's yours. lol. unishippers and freightquote are fresh victims, they"re usually a 1 time customer, they don't know our reputation and this is the only freight we can get anymore. when we expanded out west, i seen alot of freight heading that way and less of our regular areas. this is because the west was fresh victims and haven't been caught in our web while the usual footprint knows us all too well and had enough.

i work for upsf and we pick up for ch robinson and freigtquote and those other logistic companies. CH Robinson is the worst when they set something up for pickup the customers don't even know whats going on or no paperwork and half the time they did not know robinson called us to come make a pickup. Usually its a wild goose chase and alot of time is wasted. Half to come back the next day for the pickup.

Vitran needs to get away from the big volume walmart shipments, at ups freight if its 5 or more skids u have to measure it and write up a cube sheet, and every shipment MUST be weighed. If not then u get a verbal warni.g then a write up and then a 3 day suspention, ( but of course u get the 3 days back pay when u file grevence. When i was at vitran i would pick up 10-12 skid shipments going 600 miles or farther and the skids were as tall as the trl. Management at vitran wouldnt even care what u brang in. The only thing they cared about was when the clock struck the renth hour and they were in their car on the way home

well, our leaders are still on the idea that more freight equals more revenue,,,, well, it does to the gross but not the net

let's spell it out, shall we?

today i loaded with a fed ex on my right, an od on my left.... and we started to talk..... neither ever heard of unishippers that i was loading for, when i explained who they were,,, both laughed,,,, then laughed again when i got 3 of the ugliest skids they had on the dock,,,, i was wondering,,,,stood and watched their loads,,,, square, less than 48 inches wide, and both got over a third of a trailer (compared to my 3?) asked who they were pulling for, both looked at bills and both had their own names...hmmm asked if they pull for ch robinson,,,, od said who? c h rob me blind, fed ex laughed, both said if it is not their own, they dont pull it, no brokers, no logistics other than their own (granted this was trucker talk on a dock)

looked in each trailer, fe had either ancra or kinnedyne stacking system on 12 inch centers, said if they come into terminal with anything double stacked touching they get wrote up, so he uses it!!!!! he had a a 53 foot air ride with lift gate, and after 4 picks he was to the doors, said he needed to go back and get another trailer for rest of pickups,,,,,,,,,,,,geeeezzzzzzz made me feel like a worthless driver :regretful: i had 10 picks that made about 30 feet in a 53.

od had 6 straps on the wall, said they stay in that trailer, all p&d trailers have 6 straps, come back with less and you will buy new ones, need more and you sign out "extras" and dock guys need to check them back in....any wonder why od has lowest os&d claims $$$$$????
I'm a p&d driver for Fedex I pick up CH Robinson and Logistic and 3rd party bills all the time.