FedEx Freight | 2+2=5

First part was asking the NLRB to include dock workers in the voting.

Second part was the usual union is evil blah blah blah

Just wondering, why was the dock not included?

First part was asking the NLRB to include dock workers in the voting.

Second part was the usual union is evil blah blah blah

Just wondering, why was the dock not included?

"I'll give you $20.00 for beer if you vote no."

Our long time dock would say yes.
They remember what it was like.

Long time dock is not the problem, its the young part timers that are easily swayed with a little pizza or a soy burger. They would flood the vote with part time dock, which could care less if we go union or not. You can not find a better part time gig then what FedEX offers the pay is great, they have a very relaxed attendance policy and the hours they want are very flexible. As far as part time goes they got it made.

Long time dock is not the problem, its the young part timers that are easily swayed with a little pizza or a soy burger. They would flood the vote with part time dock, which could care less if we go union or not. You can not find a better part time gig then what FedEX offers the pay is great, they have a very relaxed attendance policy and the hours they want are very flexible. As far as part time goes they got it made.

Fred's boy knows what he's talking about. CDL drivers should be the focus. Dock can be in, but if dock/office/shop wants in they need to muster the support among themselves... IMHO Shop and office seem more likely than part time dock.

That is exactly how they defeated the union petition in CLE back in 1999, or maybe 2000. The NLRB ruled that the dock should be included, even part time dock, and on the ensuing re-vote, the union was defeated. CLE would have been the only Union AF terminal otherwise. Heard our current manager is in Jersey right now, maybe he has something to do with this.

At any rate, I would argue that Fedex has segregated us by created all these different job classes, and therefore, different job classes should be allowed to vote independently of each other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk