2/25 GOP Debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slavenomore, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

Yep. That extremely high IQ can make people to seem phony. Are they scripted? Yes. Absolutely. But they all are. Trump's speeches sound like a broken record also. I know what he's going to say before he finishes his sentence.

By the way.......your preference list is just awful. You must hate your country.:poke:

2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I have a simple explanation, which you say you don't want to hear: you've been educated to have Marxist Principles. Closing your ears, saying it gets old doesn't change that.

Communism, (central control, progressive income tax, ever more regulations, central welfare, bailing out businesses, etc) never lasts more than 80 years. Ours too, is on course to collapse. It requires a complete reversal or it becomes every soul for himself when the jealous begin looting...

3. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

That explains everything.

What when a TM says he's sick of hearing the Contract says yada yada......

Our nation is coming apart, and you refuse to look to the rulebook. Is this the same for pensions? You wanted their old rules enforced, didn't you? Rules, and funding matter. Promises without foundational action fails. SSI is next...

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    Rastus likes this.
  4. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

it is beyond obvious that the Clinton's have no morals
    know that since the 90's
    Hilly is not qualified for the presidency, she is however quailifed for the next season Orange is the New Black

jimmy g and Rastus like this.
  5. Bubba74

the people that live in ghettos and vote the same way for generations
    the people that refuse to take any responsibility for their lives, blame everyone else
    the laziness of the people that refuse to take any roll in politics despite the fact that is affects their lives
    The people so easily duped by a campaign slogan or slick tv ad

not so much liberalism but progressivism
    (Jefferson was a liberal, not a progressive)
    these wheels were put in motion a long time ago (over 100 years)
    the pace today has gotten much faster
    When the center has moved so far to the left, the center seems "extreme"
    it wasn't conservativism that removed the father from the black family
    it wasn't conservativism that instituted a progressive tax code (or any of the other 9 planks of communism)
    Conservatives don't run the school boards
    Conservatives believe in personal responsibility and taking care of ones self

Finally, since when is wanting to live by the rules that this country was founded, an "extreme" position?

jimmy g and kboomarang like this.
  6. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

It must have been the lighting

7. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

The contract was renegotiated by both management and labor every 4 or 5 years. The constitution was written how many years ago? Do you think people like Ollie North, a hero in my eyes, Poindexter and our Teflon president who I voted for were following the constitution during Iran Contra? Was it Cruz that said the constitution was not a living breathing document?

8. Crystal

Why do you say I must hate my country? Is it because I consider the rigged election process as nothing more that a personality contest? Since none of the candidates have any chance of fulfilling their campaign promises what other reason can I have for choosing one? I was going to include Bill Maher as a write in but I was afraid someone might blow a gasket.

Getoverit likes this.
  9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

[QUOTE="Crystal, post: 1025
    Constitutional principles don't change. We live in a post constitutional period when unelected justices make law. We need to return to the first 10 (forgotten) amendments

10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Iran contra had nothing to do with the constitution. Exec branch made the military decisions. Legislative branch passed laws. Judicial branch was called in to investigate by a political party trying to find an excuse to impeach (which is a political remedy- not a criminal one). The Constitution made the procedures, which were followed in the trial.

11. Crystal

I'm sorry I thought that they had sworn to uphold the constitution. I thought Iran Contra was a violation of the Boland Amendment which was a law enacted by the congress. I only used Iran Contra as an example of a jury finding North not guilty even though he violated the constitution by obstructing congress. " Sen. Tom Harkin charged that North was a "traitor to the Constitution" who had lied to congress about his role in the Iran-Contra affair"................................. I personally think Ollie North is an American hero.

12. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

Saw that Marine walking in the jungle....He looks big for a marine. ...lol.

13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I admire Ollie too.
    He broke laws. He did nothing against the Constitution, like violating others Civil Rights. Many in Congress mix up what is 'violating laws' with 'violating the Constitution'. It's virtually impossible for an individual to violate another person's Rights. It's extraordinarily easy for the Federal Government to violate a person's Rights. Most of it is caused by tv sound bytes, imo.

Contempt of Congress or obstructing Congress is merely a law, passed by Congress. It's not in the Constitution that I know of...

I'd say we've gotten off course in why you hate elections.....

14. Bubba74

North was fired by Reagan for his part
    Barry would have just reshuffled him into a different position
    if congress would not have given him partial immunity, they might have been able to uphold his sentence
    o
    he might have Lois it and plead the 5th after a nice long illegal soliloquy

jimmy g likes this.
  15. Bubba74

North was fired by Reagan for his part
    Barry would have just reshuffled him into a different position
    if congress would not have given him partial immunity, they might have been able to uphold his sentence
    o
    he might have Lois it and plead the 5th after a nice long illegal soliloquy

16. Crystal

You righties sure have a way of twisting words. You claim I hate my country and I hate elections when I've said neither. I simple said that I don't like the way things are headed. This election is turning more and more into a personality contest for me. Then I listed the order in which I would vote if the election were right now. Couldn't your attacking me for my political opinion be considered as an assault on my constitutional rights? Some of you claim I'm a Commie, a Marxist etc because I think Sanders would be a better choice than any of the republican Bain Capital business as usual politicians who feed at the D.C trough. Yet Ollie's breaking his oath to uphold and defend the constitution and obey the orders of the Commander in Chief didn't go against the intent of what the founding fathers wrote 225 years ago.

17. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Speaking of Spin!

There were no personal attacks. I quoted the principles you post that you value. Those come from Marx, not the Constitution.

You obviously have issues understanding the differences between Laws (passed by Congress) and Rights (guaranteed by the Constitution). Don't know what to tell you- you're confused and angry at us, when you should be angry at whoever taught you Civics???

18. Crystal

Who's speaking of spin? Comments like "Barry would have just reshuffled him into a different position" when he had nothing do with this discussion isn't spin? My posting of you righties wasn't singling you out personally. Claims that I hate elections and I must hate my country aren't personal attacks right? I never read Marx and you know from many of my previous posts that I have voted republican in every presidential election except the last one. You might want to look at yourself before accusing others of twisting and spinning anyone's posted opinions.

19. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Our posts speak for us. That sums it up. Our posts reveal our inner beliefs, values, and character. I'm content in my soul...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  20. Bubba74

You were talking Iran Contra
    I merely brought up the fact that Reagan fired North from his position because of the appearance (before the testimony and conviction) of illegality

Barry reshuffled Lois Lehner (IRS scandal)
    No one was fired from the EPA for polluting the Animas River in Colorado
    or the State Department
    No responsibility on the left
    Harry Truman had a plaque on his desk "The Buck Stops Here"
    those days of the DEm party are long gone, always someone elses fault

jimmy g likes this.