XPO | 2.5% raise...really? That's all you can give us?

True, but they also pay more than us and they've also given their drivers raises in the past couple of years where we only got one this year. Which would you rather have, more hours at a better rate or o/t? That's the defense for us southern drivers not getting o/t until 50. And they've been putting out operating ratio in the 80's consistently for several years now.

And, they haul ALL their own freight..well, most of it anyways. I can't figure that one out..

True, but they also pay more than us and they've also given their drivers raises in the past couple of years where we only got one this year. Which would you rather have, more hours at a better rate or o/t? That's the defense for us southern drivers not getting o/t until 50. And they've been putting out operating ratio in the 80's consistently for several years now.

Grossed over 23k in overtime last year. I will take the time and a half over a few dollars at straight time without a second thought.

Grossed over 23k in overtime last year. I will take the time and a half over a few dollars at straight time without a second thought.

Certainly can't argue with that. I've never paid attention to how much overtime i made in a year. Im going to check that out..

And, they haul ALL their own freight..well, most of it anyways. I can't figure that one out..

OD does not pay OT to there city drivers, dockworkers move the freight across there docks at a lower wage, and they have had a safe stack system for years and know how to cube out trailers without damaging the freight. Thats how they make there money. ODs network is alot smaller than ours so I am guessing that it does not make financial sense for them to use purchase carriers YET. Purchase carriers are being used by all carriers to eliminate empty miles. Maybe OD does not have lanes that are running empties. As your network gets larger, lanes with empty trailers open up and empty trailers do not make any money. Thats why we use purchase carriers, thats why everyone who is a big player in the game uses purchase carriers. Everyone but YRC, they haul all of there own freight as well.

I'm so happy for you. I think I got 4 hours overtime the whole year. Of course I have to work 50 just to get to o/t, so if you figure the number of hours I gave them at straight time that I should have been getting o/t in say, Omaha or Des Moines (real high cost of living there, right?) I'd probably have gotten that much in o/t as well. Of course, I live in the small village of ATLANTA, so I don't deserve o/t until I give them 50 hours of my week.

I'm so happy for you. I think I got 4 hours overtime the whole year. Of course I have to work 50 just to get to o/t, so if you figure the number of hours I gave them at straight time that I should have been getting o/t in say, Omaha or Des Moines (real high cost of living there, right?) I'd probably have gotten that much in o/t as well. Of course, I live in the small village of ATLANTA, so I don't deserve o/t until I give them 50 hours of my week.
Why don't you see if Slim can get you on over at Holland..

If add 2.5% plus your current or of 97.5 that comes up to 100% . Anymore and you are in the red. Lol

First of all that math doesn't work. If it did then the 6.9% GRI that all carriers implemented would put everyone's OR in the low 90's. And if your company (OD) actually compensated its employees for working overtime then you would be on par with the rest of the industry. But hey they let you run linehaul loads on the weekends to help make up for the lost wages. They are so nice.

We're hiring.

That's good. I wish everybody was hiring. The DOW DID hit 13000 today, so hopefully the turn-around is around the corner.. I don't want to see ANYBODY lose their job. Con-way is always hiring, you could come over here. lol Except don't go to Norcross, I'm sure they're not hiring.. (J/K)

That's good. I wish everybody was hiring. The DOW DID hit 13000 today, so hopefully the turn-around is around the corner.. I don't want to see ANYBODY lose their job. Con-way is always hiring, you could come over here. lol Except don't go to Norcross, I'm sure they're not hiring.. (J/K)

Tool and Die shops have been real busy for about 6 months. They usually ramp up before anyone. Next door neighbor is a die maker, he's working 5 10's and 6 every saturday. Good sign I think.

First of all that math doesn't work. If it did then the 6.9% GRI that all carriers implemented would put everyone's OR in the low 90's. And if your company (OD) actually compensated its employees for working overtime then you would be on par with the rest of the industry. But hey they let you run linehaul loads on the weekends to help make up for the lost wages. They arIe so nice.

I know that's not how it works. Just a little humor in this crazy world we live in. As for me and Od. I'm night line haul, so overtime doesn't come into play. When one of your drivers runs a 6th day or a extra guy gets his 6 runs a week is all time over 40 hours time and a half? I'm asking cause I don't know.

Actually you're right, we're not. We don't have enough to keep all our drivers busy, let alone bring on anyone else.

I know that's not how it works. Just a little humor in this crazy world we live in. As for me and Od. I'm night line haul, so overtime doesn't come into play. When one of your drivers runs a 6th day or a extra guy gets his 6 runs a week is all time over 40 hours time and a half? I'm asking cause I don't know.

If you're lucky enough here to get a Saturday linehaul run, you get mileage plus straight time for hook/drop time. All time paid on a 265 (l/h pay form) is straight time.