XPO | 2 F.O.S.'S and 1 F.O.M suspended at XCO

Conwayxco

TB Lurker
Credits
Three supervisors suspended at xco Friday..True they are suspended but unsure of reasons. Totally unconfirmed however is the reason. One fos called flex guy in before he had his ten hrs off the other fos put him in the city and the fom said it was ok since he punched out at 9:07 he could punch in at 07:00 because it would be the same as being 10 hrs..Works for log books but not city drivers!!!!!!! They all found that out i guess.. Will know more Monday we I go back to work:wtflol::479::1904::busted:

Three supervisors suspended at xco Friday..True they are suspended but unsure of reasons. Totally unconfirmed however is the reason. One fos called flex guy in before he had his ten hrs off the other fos put him in the city and the fom said it was ok since he punched out at 9:07 he could punch in at 07:00 because it would be the same as being 10 hrs..Works for log books but not city drivers!!!!!!! They all found that out i guess.. Will know more Monday we I go back to work:wtflol::479::1904::busted:

Nitpicking....9:07 gives a 9:00 on the book.

At that point all is good on the log...as many have and continue to do....L/Hs do this all the time.

It is my understanding this rule is punch to punch...and that makes things somewhat different.

More to this than meets the eye.

Rat

Really, it is from punch to punch to the minute. I tried to find it real quick, but it is DOT law that city drivers are supposed to carry their time card with them. That might of changed. I read that 2 years ago. I bet that XCO is looking for a reason to get rid of 3 certain people. I wonder if one of them was S.W.

Really, it is from punch to punch to the minute. I tried to find it real quick, but it is DOT law that city drivers are supposed to carry their time card with them. That might of changed. I read that 2 years ago. I bet that XCO is looking for a reason to get rid of 3 certain people. I wonder if one of them was S.W.

Yes Dodge...as I understand it...punch to punch.

Ten hours is ten hours...not nine hours and 53 minutes.

This is based on actual clock time not log book time...although many do exactly that.

Get into an accident with HM or God forbid a fatality and see if the DOT and the respective state agencies don't examine the time records of the driver.

Bet your ass if there wasn't at least ten (actual) hours off duty between punches there will be hell to pay for both for the company and the driver...not to mention fodder for the lawyers in any ensuing lawsuits.

Your punches are a matter of record as kept on the KRONOS system...no need to carry your time card...although who knows...it may be a requirement in the future.

These things are considered very serious violations by both carriers and the government.

If they wanted to be rid of certain peeps they would simply terminate them...they don't need to look for an excuse.

We have seen it before with this company...no reason to think they have changed.

Rat

Last edited by a moderator:
Nitpicking....9:07 gives a 9:00 on the book.

At that point all is good on the log...as many have and continue to do....L/Hs do this all the time.

It is my understanding this rule is punch to punch...and that makes things somewhat different.

More to this than meets the eye.

Rat

rat did u use to work in midwest before transfer to the east

i worked at a place where a driver clocked out and back in the same way. about 9 hours and 57 minutes showing off duty. he was not disciplined in any way, but they made sure to tell him not to do it anymore. the reason was if he had a serious accident where someone was killed, the d.o.t. or a good lawyer may ask for timecards as they try to dig up dirt on the driver or the company. this would simply be considered as working without 10 hours off duty and get you and the company in alot of trouble.

Yes Dodge...as I understand it...punch to punch.

Ten hours is ten hours...not nine hours and 53 minutes.

This is based on actual clock time not log book time...although many do exactly that.

Get into an accident with HM or God forbid a fatality and see if the DOT and the respective state agencies don't examine the time records of the driver.

Bet your ass if there wasn't at least ten (actual) hours off duty between punches there will be hell to pay for both for the company and the driver...not to mention fodder for the lawyers in any ensuing lawsuits.

Your punches are a matter of record as kept on the KRONOS system...no need to carry your time card...although who knows...it may be a requirement in the future.

These things are considered very serious violations by both carriers and the government.

If they wanted to be rid of certain peeps they would simply terminate them...they don't need to look for an excuse.

We have seen it before with this company...no reason to think they have changed.

Rat

Kind of a gray area to me - my log book is the legal document whereas my pay sheet is not. If I finished up at 9:07 I feel I can start at 18:53 since it would be 10 hours off on the log and I'm not required to carry the previous 10 pink copies of the pay sheet. I have not run into that situation since early last year, but that was by my own choice. I would not allow an FOS to push me into that - I'd wait a few minutes..

I heard red pen was not one of the suspended supervisors.......only 2 suspended and for reasons other then that 10 hr rule. Something to do with forcing drivers to work off the clock.

your pay sheet and other documents (fuel and toll receipts) become "supporting documentation" when the D.O.T. or other government departments make inquiries.

And you can report and work without your ten hours off duty. Without ten hours off duty to reset your hours of service, the log would be a continuation of the previous day's. You would not be legal to drive.

actually after 8 hrs off, you can drive provided you did not go up to 11 hrs driving or 14 total. The time b4 the 8 hrs break plus the time after the 8 hrs break can not total more then either 11 driving or 14 total. At that point.....you need a 2 hr break off duty. then the time b4 the 2 hr break and after the 2 hr break can not be more then 11 and 14. You can split ur breaks..