XPO | 2 hour back up!!!

LOA77

TB Lurker
Credits
Whats the reason for them? If the company is doing so bad why are we keeping dsrs out on the street longer chasing freight that isn't there. Personally i think there is no need for them it just makes working for con-way even more miserable. You look foward to the weekend then they you hit with that 2 hour back up bs.

It was used first for the Chicago land drivers because they couldn't get to the FAC's on time.When Dave M(::shit::) took over CSE it was to create more revenue,which didn't work.Then it was to build more headloads and directs(which now are swung to a van).Now it's because Line Haul can't make up their minds on loading a van or pup.My SCM was in Portland to come up with ways to not handle the freight as much.:biglaugh:

the orginal reason for the 2 hr backup was to allow the chicagoland area to clean up from the week and late freight because of the enbalance of inbound to chicago area.

I see the same amount of pures and head loads when there is 2 hour back up or not sometimes even less on fridays. It doesn't take a 2 hour back up to build pures and headloads we get 20-40 pures and plenty of headloads during the week...

well the volume at my term way way above average on friday.....maybe they do know what they are doing.....please dont make me drink anymore blue stuff,,,ok 1 more but put some more sugar in it

well the volume at my term way way above average on friday.....maybe they do know what they are doing.....please dont make me drink anymore blue stuff,,,ok 1 more but put some more sugar in it

Add about 2oz. of Bacardi 151..........doesn't taste any better, but after you finish it, you really don't care.....

Ok time for trucker to b otch a little,now the backup today is a waste of time,customers want to close early and the people that run those customers will allow thier valued employees a chance to get a well deserved long weekend,,and for us because we opperate on the screw the next guy way....at our barnhalf the outbound is built before we get the build instuctions come out,,,,,and we dont move freight twice

Let me just say..... that I HATE the back up. One more :ranting2: from my husband and he'll be SLEEPING at Conway on a Friday!!

I need my eardrums, thankyouverymuch!!!:biglaugh:

Ok time for trucker to b otch a little,now the backup today is a waste of time,customers want to close early and the people that run those customers will allow thier valued employees a chance to get a well deserved long weekend,,and for us because we opperate on the screw the next guy way....at our barnhalf the outbound is built before we get the build instuctions come out,,,,,and we dont move freight twice

We "most likely" went on the assumption that customers were going to do it today rather than next Friday...the last 4 days in the system have been very heavy....something is on the horizon..

I think this 2 hour backup is for the birds!!! it only waste time getting the weekend started!!! who came up with this bullcrap anyway?? im sure they dont work nights, do they?? I think if they do this they should start everyone 2 hours later, c how they like it!! There r not any more pures or headloads made on this bullcrap night anyway!!! Its time to grow up and quit doing this!!! Quit picking on night linehaul!!!!

At our barn, the 2 hour back up makes absolutely no difference in the way the freight is loaded. The only thing that changes is our line haul drivers leave two hours later. Most all of our outbound trialers are breakers.

At our barn, the 2 hour back up makes absolutely no difference in the way the freight is loaded. The only thing that changes is our line haul drivers leave two hours later. Most all of our outbound trialers are breakers.

same at some barns i know and sometimes even my barn. that just means the FOS arent doing their job right.

if more pures, there should be pures coming from other terminals down your way and that should create more turns, so atleast the more senior driver who's paid their dues can turn on a friday.... because of the pures or headloads they just have to build and then go...

for example blythe fac

if a sand diego driver is going there with 2 pure phoenix loads

and a phoenix driver is going there with 2 pure san diego loads, they can just trade and that creates a turn for both of them.

this is not exactly how it will work, but you guys get my drift.

lol, I was going to say the same thing, but on friday i'm only a little late to the reship and not 2 hours plus like the rest of the week:nutkick:

I like the backup, i do my lawn friday mornings, or get some extra sleep. I go to Milton and Hagerstown.. It's hard to get out on time either one of these places.

I also like the 2 hr back-up. I get the sleep that's been lacking and there is less time on the dock as most of the normally late terminals will have arrived and moved some freight before I get there.

Just a preference and I could live well with out it too.