XPO | 2 hour backup before Thanksgiving!

I would like to take this time to personally thank Con-Way management for ruining my Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house. I will end up getting back home to late and be too tired to enjoy it. I'm am so very glad and thankfull that I can work for a company that cares more about a 2 hour delay than their employees. I hope that ALL of management thinks about all of the holiday dinners that they have ruined past, presant and future, while they sit at their tables at home. I know it happens every year, but it still makes me mad that a company puts the frieght and their wallets ahead of their employees. Go Con-Way

You've got it all wrong!

Conway does care and they are family orintated. This is two hours extra rest given to you so you can be there for your family.

You silly drivers, you.

Oh boy, do i remember those days.... i hated the backups... especially the 2-hour one..

I recall one friday they had a 2 hour backup and them sat morning, we were getting done at the normal time if it were during the week.

Well the guys the decided the 2 hour back up will be home enjoying there family. I would say alot of shippers will want to go home early. Could be a lite day.

:hide: I've been here over 20 years, 6 years on line haul, and cannot remember any post Thanksgiving night that did not have a 2 hour backup.
If I am wrong, let me know.:smilie_132:

I remember last year I ran and on my way home I had a via, didn't get back till 11:30 then by the time I fueled and did my paperwork and my drive home I didn't get home till 12:30. Boy, I really felt like seeing all my relatives from out of town. NOT

I remember last year I ran and on my way home I had a via, didn't get back till 11:30 then by the time I fueled and did my paperwork and my drive home I didn't get home till 12:30. Boy, I really felt like seeing all my relatives from out of town. NOT

Same exact thing happened to me years ago.
Senior driver talked me into taking a via and BAM! I hosed myself.

I would like to take this time to personally thank Con-Way management for ruining my Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house. I will end up getting back home to late and be too tired to enjoy it. I'm am so very glad and thankfull that I can work for a company that cares more about a 2 hour delay than their employees. I hope that ALL of management thinks about all of the holiday dinners that they have ruined past, presant and future, while they sit at their tables at home. I know it happens every year, but it still makes me mad that a company puts the frieght and their wallets ahead of their employees. Go Con-Way

Well you can take a city bid,an be home next year.

hey guys com'on its conways way of saying happy thanksgiving.they dont care about our familys. Only what affects thier families. Then they wonder why we dont give a ::shit:: anymore about this company. Its not ccx anymore. new name worse company.

I am sure glad that my family only has thanksgiving on days that aren't calendared thanksgiving, this year we are having it on Saturday.

As it looks to me the 2 hour delay isn't even needed. The phone didn't ring the whole time I was in the office when I got back.

They get us today........,We get them back tomarrow ,only BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!:Poke::tongue0002::tongue0002:!!

Glorious Conway knows that most DSR's have a really short memory. And that others can be biologicaly classed as invertebrates.

I don't think The Corporation has given it a second thought.