XPO | 2 hour backup before Thanksgiving!

I would like to take this time to personally thank Con-Way management for ruining my Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house. I will end up getting back home to late and be too tired to enjoy it. I'm am so very glad and thankfull that I can work for a company that cares more about a 2 hour delay than their employees. I hope that ALL of management thinks about all of the holiday dinners that they have ruined past, presant and future, while they sit at their tables at home. I know it happens every year, but it still makes me mad that a company puts the frieght and their wallets ahead of their employees. Go Con-Way
Dont be sad:console: its ok we all feel for you maybe your family will eat turkey a couple of hours later if I had a hanky I would send it your way now lets be adults here their has be backups for as long as I can remember just work with it :boohoo:

hey guys com'on its conways way of saying happy thanksgiving.they dont care about our familys. Only what affects thier families. Then they wonder why we dont give a ::shit:: anymore about this company. Its not ccx anymore. new name worse company.
Bull driver they have a company to run if we left it up to you will all be working for someone else cause this company would be out of bis:chairshot:

i feel the very same way,. this 2 hour backup is stupid and makes no sense whatsoever.
thats about all i have to say the more i think about it the more i get hacked off.
let me say this to the great folks of xgo that do our thinking for us. thanks:annoyed:

i feel the very same way,. this 2 hour backup is stupid and makes no sense whatsoever.
thats about all i have to say the more i think about it the more i get hacked off.
let me say this to the great folks of xgo that do our thinking for us. thanks:annoyed:

Yes its stupid driver if it makes you feel better complaining about it call in sick, stick it to them ,enjoy the day with the family . We have been asking about the need for a 2 hour backup for 18 years now, if the freight levels fall even more we won't have to worry about it. I plan dinner later with the family works out fine. If I had your issues I believe I would be in city , but than that probably you wouldn't be happy their either.:drama:

the most recent 2 hr back up was not necessary and that was end of month end of quarter and to those of you who say we always had one thats true but when they did away with the 2 hr back up they realized it was not needed tonite will be no exception just one more slap in the face of the guys who make the company what it is today how sad it is since jd left the driver has become the least important part of this company

the most recent 2 hr back up was not necessary and that was end of month end of quarter and to those of you who say we always had one thats true but when they did away with the 2 hr back up they realized it was not needed tonite will be no exception just one more slap in the face of the guys who make the company what it is today how sad it is since jd left the driver has become the least important part of this company
Your cheeks must be sore

happy thanksgiving everybody. hope you all have a safe trip. in had to work the dock yesterday afternoon after i got back from my run. that is ok. i am off till monday.

listened to some of the night time l/h drivers. they complained bout the 2 hr rollback. they know when they get to the fac's wednesday trailers are gonna look like crap. the other terminals gonna throw the freight in the trailers and go home for the weekend. glad i work days.

Dont be sad:console: its ok we all feel for you maybe your family will eat turkey a couple of hours later if I had a hanky I would send it your way now lets be adults here their has be backups for as long as I can remember just work with it :boohoo:

Your right on the Conway train roadrunner. These men need to learn how to take what they've got coming to them. - A real good cornholein'. I'd have to venture out and say these men don't know a rewarding careerer if it were taken away from........er, if it were thrown in their laps.

I see you are a driver, but am encourageing you to apply for a promotion. You possess great compassion and you really have your hand on the pulse of our great labor force.

Keep in touch, you provide clear insight.

I know a number of managers that aren't too happy about it as well. I guess if there's anything good about it it's that traffic should be lighter. Of coarse we could all just go in early get our stuff and go. You know everyone will do their best to be on-time and we could use the rule hour rule... {or what ever it is} to get back if need be. After all who runs this show anyhow. It could done with very little managerial involvement....usually does.;-}

Yes its stupid driver if it makes you feel better complaining about it call in sick, stick it to them ,enjoy the day with the family . We have been asking about the need for a 2 hour backup for 18 years now, if the freight levels fall even more we won't have to worry about it. I plan dinner later with the family works out fine. If I had your issues I believe I would be in city , but than that probably you wouldn't be happy their either.:drama:
I think MR LUCKY got a new screen name.:butt kiss:

The 2 hour back up is purely for Con-Way to keep it's employee pool on the job 2 hours longer into the weekend to move the freight,thus it's 2 hours less of the total weekend down time. just wait until the entire system is on the 70 hour rule! You could theoretically work an entire Saturday. Won't that be enjoyable? Let us all understand the corporate mentality and then move on. It is only going to get worst,(as it is) trust me I've been here more than a decade to see these wonderful rules and policies in action.

XGO is off the clock and in gear for the holiday. They would like you all to drive defensively and get home to your families.

Remember.... Your checks are brought to you by your customers and without customers there would be no Con-way.
:hide: :hide:

.....woe, I had a sudden case of manageritis.:smilie_132:

If you expect the Co to do anything in your favor you are going to be waiting a long time. I know they are in business to make money but a little consideration only makes good sense if you ask me.Happy Turkeyday to all

XGO is off the clock and in gear for the holiday. They would like you all to drive defensively and get home to your families.

Remember.... Your checks are brought to you by your customers and without customers there would be no Con-way.
:hide: :hide:

.....woe, I had a sudden case of manageritis.:smilie_132:

To get rid of that bad case of "Manageritis" just take some Exlax:hysterical:

Now that the two hour back-up is now the two hour catch-up:
How are the line-haulers faring in their return home?
Was it that bad?
Did anyone get hosed?
Do you feel better that all your customers freight is closer to it's destination than the competition?