XPO | 2 hour backup before Thanksgiving!

Now that the two hour back-up is now the two hour catch-up:
How are the line-haulers faring in their return home?
Was it that bad?
Did anyone get hosed?
Do you feel better that all your customers freight is closer to it's destination than the competition?

Hey?..... what makes you think that other companies didnt move freight wednesday night into the morning...

My company did, and we dont need a back up.:nutkick:

Hey?..... what makes you think that other companies didnt move freight wednesday night into the morning...

My company did, and we dont need a back up.:nutkick:

No duh :duh: LTL companies moved their freight last night and into the morning.
I was referring to the Con-way 2 hour back up designed to move all the freight out. KEYWORD: ALL

Stand in the corner and do this to yourself :nutkick: Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

No duh :duh: LTL companies moved their freight last night and into the morning.
I was referring to the Con-way 2 hour back up designed to move all the freight out. KEYWORD: ALL

Stand in the corner and do this to yourself :nutkick: Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

you want me to stand in the corner and kick myself in the balls? then what will my girlfriend do?

oh well, we all move on.

you want me to stand in the corner and kick myself in the balls? then what will my girlfriend do?

oh well, we all move on.

When I was young, really smart, and limber, I did that often.

Today I don't recommend it.

But it sounds as though you are disregarding Dockworker's suggestion anyway.

Now that the two hour back-up is now the two hour catch-up:
How are the line-haulers faring in their return home?
Was it that bad?
Did anyone get hosed?
Do you feel better that all your customers freight is closer to it's destination than the competition?

The 2 hour backup was so that more headloads & pures could be built at origin, guess what the fos's on outbound dropped the ball.

i had to strip 2 head-loads and 1 pure and put them on long boxes.so much for making head-loads and pures on outbound.

Whatever

I got home about 1:30 PM, took a nap while taking a shower, got dressed, drove 65 miles to my brothers house,took a 4 hour nap, and woke up after they all ate. At least I could smell the turkey & stuffing. :sleep:

XGO is off the clock and in gear for the holiday. They would like you all to drive defensively and get home to your families.

Remember.... Your checks are brought to you by your customers and without customers there would be no Con-way.
:hide: :hide:

.....woe, I had a sudden case of manageritis.:smilie_132:

D.W. I'm starting to worry about you. Besides, the wizards at G.O. didn't realize that this turkey day wasn't at the end of the month. go figure:chairshot:

I saw 2 of your trucks heading to Buffalo as I drove toward (eastbound) Rochester on I 90. 1 was a half hour out of Buffalo at 1030am, the second was at least an hour out at 1100 am. Also saw 1 Estes, 2 UPS, 2 NEMF, all about the same distance. Hope you guys got back in time for dinner.

D.W. I'm starting to worry about you. Besides, the wizards at G.O. didn't realize that this turkey day wasn't at the end of the month. go figure:chairshot:
Nothing to worry about.:1036316054:
I'm resistant to the brainwashing propoganda, I know it's the drivers who ultimately make the world go round. Not the G.O button turners, switch flickers.
Let me re-phrase it ......Without Drivers, Con-way trucks would be stalled and the customers freight would still be on their docks. It works both ways!

Nothing to worry about.:1036316054:
I'm resistant to the brainwashing propoganda, I know it's the drivers who ultimately make the world go round. Not the G.O button turners, switch flickers.
Let me re-phrase it ......Without Drivers, Con-way trucks would be stalled and the customers freight would still be on their docks. It works both ways!
First the drivers, CSR and mechanics have to believe that.

First the drivers, CSR and mechanics have to believe that.
Very true!
G.O already knows it, but they will not advertise it to the drivers, CSR's and mechanics.
Think about it: The ball has always been on your courts! You guys are just scared to dribble it and would rather play hot potato with it. :biglaugh:

Very true!
G.O already knows it, but they will not advertise it to the drivers, CSR's and mechanics.
Think about it: The ball has always been on your courts! You guys are just scared to dribble it and would rather play hot potato with it. :biglaugh:
Well put.:1036316054:

I am not happy with the 2hr backoff on wed. freight levels are down andthere was no need for it. Management should of been aware of this and kept our regular out times. On the other hand, there was a 2hr. back off last year and we were all aware that it was gonna happen this year. Being a linedriver pays great money but that comes at price. I am grateful that at least I was home for thanksgiving. I know several drivers that spent thanksgiving at a truckstop or layed up in a hotel. Sometimes you got to take the good with the bad. To those that are unhappy with linehaul and the time we get home on holidays, you shoul bid city next year because the same thing will happen.

Look at the larger picture. A two hour delay is the least of you worries. How 'bout the guys laying 12-15 hours in some flea bitten hotel 600 miles from home. It's been this way for 20+ years...get over it. Press on

It would be easier to get over if their was a semblance of reason behind it.