XPO | 2 hour backup

it wouldnt make a diffrence anyway most terminals put headloads on the tail anyway. and those who do load headloads how they are supposed to, the fos at fac will move it to make his crossdock numbers look good. the 2 hour back up is simply a tool used by managment to get us all home by noon on sat. so that our weekend is short as posible. again just my opinion

it wouldnt make a diffrence anyway most terminals put headloads on the tail anyway. and those who do load headloads how they are supposed to, the fos at fac will move it to make his crossdock numbers look good. the 2 hour back up is simply a tool used by managment to get us all home by noon on sat. so that our weekend is short as posible. again just my opinion
It's easy to get home before noon if you don't show up to reship 4 hours late. You should see how late that paint shows up at XFW some nights(maybe they should make those guys break those trailers when they show up that late).

It's easy to get home before noon if you don't show up to reship 4 hours late. You should see how late that paint shows up at XFW some nights(maybe they should make those guys break those trailers when they show up that late).

i see your point , but you got to know when we get the paint to our terminal it is loaded on a 53 foot van with anywhere from 15- 30 bills we might get anywhere from 5-10 loads or more day of that stuff and being ina 22 door terminal its kinda hard to load that stuff where it is easy to move on the other end all our fos's want is to get the trailers loaded. i know its a pain in the a@# to break those loads, especially late at night but not much we can do about it. right now we have lost a good part of the paint but have been re-assured we will get it back. and for the record the only thing this paint account is good for is it is keeping most of us in xef in a job. the revenue on this account is no where close to some of our other customers. matter of fact i think it brings in the least revenue ( so i have been told) i have been to xfw with paint before and everytime i was the last guy to leave well i couldnt leave till the loads were ready and those nights it was 10-11 o'clock before i left on a 4 and half hour run.

i see your point , but you got to know when we get the paint to our terminal it is loaded on a 53 foot van with anywhere from 15- 30 bills we might get anywhere from 5-10 loads or more day of that stuff and being ina 22 door terminal its kinda hard to load that stuff where it is easy to move on the other end all our fos's want is to get the trailers loaded. i know its a pain in the a@# to break those loads, especially late at night but not much we can do about it. right now we have lost a good part of the paint but have been re-assured we will get it back. and for the record the only thing this paint account is good for is it is keeping most of us in xef in a job. the revenue on this account is no where close to some of our other customers. matter of fact i think it brings in the least revenue ( so i have been told) i have been to xfw with paint before and everytime i was the last guy to leave well i couldnt leave till the loads were ready and those nights it was 10-11 o'clock before i left on a 4 and half hour run.
I understand & I was just bustin your chops about being late. It seems like an issue for the sales rep to work out & maybe have pure pups built @ SW when the loads are picked up instead of waiting & try to build them on your dock.

I understand & I was just bustin your chops about being late. It seems like an issue for the sales rep to work out & maybe have pure pups built @ SW when the loads are picked up instead of waiting & try to build them on your dock.

our RM has tried that as a matter of fact, and SW would not hear of it he was going to put a driver and forklift on their dock to do that very thing and SW said there is no way . see SW is a thorn in this company's side and they know it.and its about the only customer we have that conway lets bully around.
which is odd because the revenue SW generates is less than stellar so being a national account they think they can run us over.

one more thing though,... you may hear us say we "lost the paint" we always get it back due the fact the other companies cant service it like we can.

1 or 2 hour back up do not make a difference because is not like you are getting your family or friends ready to go out on a picnic or else without falling sleep first.In my opinion it is better to take it easy instead of having a heart attack trying to get your freight and run like a devils to gain few minutes.

1 day weekend

:1036316054:
1 or 2 hour back up do not make a difference because is not like you are getting your family or friends ready to go out on a picnic or else without falling sleep first.In my opinion it is better to take it easy instead of having a heart attack trying to get your freight and run like a devils to gain few minutes.

This 2 hour back up / headload thing is funny> I once built a #20000 load XCL with 2 day mixed the trailer could have gone staright to XCL BUT NO.... The xcl driver had to backstrip it make a XCL and a 2 day wagon... and why?? Sure he could have left it and grabbed another breaker, but that would be too much like real work. I say leave it and let the inbound guys break it less rehandle, less damage.But they want to play that way good luck getting a headload from me again, You want extra work I will make sure you get your moneys worth!:1036316054: :hide: :chairshot:

that would be nice to have headloads built at the customers dock but then it will cut into there profits and the wont do it and we will have to work it the way it comes at us. the fos should build the headload regardless of how long it takes just think if everyone did how much time it would save at the fac, hec maybe they could close on time? well there again everyone would have to show up on time.:biglaugh: dont think that will happen anytime soon.