XPO | 2 Hour Backup

The 2 hour backup is from now on (until they see fit to change it).

If they do change it back there will be people complaining that they were used to it & want it to stay that way.

what sucks about the mandatory (every Friday) backup is that it is not needed out west, and we have proven that over the past couple years..kinda like a backup in Oakland, Ca. because of bad weather in Chicago...I agree there are some places that need it, just not everywhere....lacks common sense, a kneejerk decision...

any backup is a joke.. no fos will ever leave a h/l the want all the numbers they can muster. remember coworkers we are all rented mules @ conway could care less about you, or you're family time or you're time off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what sucks about the mandatory (every Friday) backup is that it is not needed out west, and we have proven that over the past couple years..kinda like a backup in Oakland, Ca. because of bad weather in Chicago...I agree there are some places that need it, just not everywhere....lacks common sense, a kneejerk decision...

so we now have 2 hour back up from now on every Friday darn :maddance3::cuss::ranting2:

i would like to thank all the all the terminals that did not do their jobs with the 2hr backup. in lsx they had over 70 breakers. lab over 70 and never did get a clear number for,ltu, lda and lsl. to all our fantastic bosses who load to these place you guys really suck. apparently you and your loser team dont know what you are doing you losers need to find another job that does require thinking.

i really enjoy getting at noon while you folks do half-a$$ non freight people are home.

thanks for the good job, NOT

I, as a wife of a L/H driver, appreciate the fact that I have to worry MORE since my driver is off his weekly schedule (driving past his normal hours). Greater chance at falling to sleep at the wheel since he's driving past his normal bedtime. Doesn't matter if he gets an extra hour or so of sleep, HE'S OFF SCHEDULE. :nutkick:

BTW, anyone remember SAFETY?? :chairshot:

i am starting to like this 2hr back up. i enjoy staying 2 hrs later than i usally do during the week. i really enjoy working the non headloads that we are suppose to be getting. i also enjoy the breakers that come in at daybreak.

i have a solution for this problem. each fac bring in someof them bunk trailers they use for thefarm workers. let us have our 10hrs off and then after we get the monday runs are set up we can leave. no more turn and burns. everyone stays. when the fac is shut down and dock cleaned, then we all can go home. at least we will have sunday off for some and we save money for the fac. they dont have to bring in city people to set the runs up nor do we have to worry bout picking up drivers. for the ones who use all their hours, they go back to the bunk trailers till they get hrs.

problem solved and we save money and lose our familys and life.

i have been with central for 24 years we always had a 2 hour bakcup, just the last two years they were changing it on a weekly basis, if you are asking me, i rather have the backup and know we have the backup, i can plan accordingly, i usually take my wife out on friday night and spend a nice night with her then go to work, just deal with it guys this it trucking, i bet jevic drivers would not complain!!!

The way I see it is this; There are multiple reasons for the back-up. One may be to get all the city freight they can, but I always understood policy was that anything picked up after 5:30pm wasn't to move that night. Another is to allow time for head-loads to be built, but the outbound crew have one thing on their minds...going home on Friday night, so that shoots that that plan in the foot. But the third reason works well every Friday night....tons per man hour. LH drivers work harder Friday nights than any other night of the week in an effort to get home earlier. If the head-loads were actually being built on the outbound it might would make for a decent night...

The way I see it is this; There are multiple reasons for the back-up. One may be to get all the city freight they can, but I always understood policy was that anything picked up after 5:30pm wasn't to move that night. Another is to allow time for head-loads to be built, but the outbound crew have one thing on their minds...going home on Friday night, so that shoots that that plan in the foot. But the third reason works well every Friday night....tons per man hour. LH drivers work harder Friday nights than any other night of the week in an effort to get home earlier. If the head-loads were actually being built on the outbound it might would make for a decent night...

I agree. Outbound fos's need to use their plan sheets instead of just force loading everything.

The drivers are also at fault too, don't bring down a 12 skid order & load it behind 1 skid.

I have mixed emotions about the backup. On the one hand it gives me more time at home on Friday night to hang out with my family and not rush out the door. It's nice to sit at the dinner table or play with the kids and not be constantly looking at the clock. On the other hand it's a bummer to roll into the yard at 11 or 12 on Saturday's so I guess it's six of one half of dozen of the other. I don't think its some kind of evil plan to screw the drivers as some have mentioned.

I like the fact of less traffic. But getting back later on Saturday is a little tough. I can't stay up all day, and by the time I get up it's late. Without the set-back I'd get home in time to get a little sleep and be good the remainer of the evening. This would allow for a near normal Sunday, but I'm having difficulty adjusting to this.

At least they canceled it for 7-03, might just have a shot at a decent 4th......:1036316054:

Someone important told me that Clark called for the 2 hour back up without checking with the bosses 2 days early ... he got shot down by Dave and Bruce ... good call guys !!! You have been listening

I'm glad for you guys. Worries me about your schedules being off and on the road at your usual bedtime. I sleep with a phone next to my head just so my husband can call if he gets too sleepy. My griping can wake any man up LOL!! :smilie_132: