XPO | 2 hour delay

trckdvrhogrdr

TB Lurker
Credits
This is the biggest joke. Lets hold them so we can p/u more freight and build head loads and directs. #1: What freight.#2 Lets swing the headload thats 3/4 of a trlr.#3 thank you for making me work 2hrs longer on a Friday night.If it worked everybody else would do it. I would like to see upper managment get home on Thanksgiving when their family is about to sit down for lunch.

This is the biggest joke. Lets hold them so we can p/u more freight and build head loads and directs. #1: What freight.#2 Lets swing the headload thats 3/4 of a trlr.#3 thank you for making me work 2hrs longer on a Friday night.If it worked everybody else would do it. I would like to see upper managment get home on Thanksgiving when their family is about to sit down for lunch.

Just be thankful you still have a job. You are getting paid by the hour. I would gladly trade places with you since now i can't find employment, after my economic termination. You need to get what you can get while the gettin is good.

My heart goes out to you and your family.But that was not the point.They are going to regret the "black friday" move when they can't hire anybody to work here. They have "black balled" themselves.

the 2 hour backup is not only dipping into a mans weekend it is unsafe. Making a person that is normally leaving at six and getting home at six break his schedule is unsafe and the same goes for making a daytime linehaul driver get up on Monday morning at 3 am is also dangerous However conway proves on a daily basis that safety is not a core value.

the 2 hour backup is not only dipping into a mans weekend it is unsafe. Making a person that is normally leaving at six and getting home at six break his schedule is unsafe and the same goes for making a daytime linehaul driver get up on Monday morning at 3 am is also dangerous However conway proves on a daily basis that safety is not a core value.

That's what happens when you have non-drivers, people who have never driven anything larger than their F150, making decisions they have no reason making. FOS's, FOM's, Service Center Managers, Regional Managers, Vice-Presidents, Presidents, CEO's, COO's, CFO's!

Trust me when I say this is not sour grapes because I was "economically terminated", but this was one of the reasons I was becoming slowly disenfranchised with my new job at Conway. After 35 years of running over the road I was having a hard time adjusting to the oddball schedule. Given 11 hours to run 584 miles in a 62 mile an hour Conway sterling is pushing it. Add In three or four hours of dock work and another half hour or so of associated duties and it was quite a push. The kicker was the week after Thanksgiving when I was called on the carpet for taking an hour and a half break (consecutive) on the way back to the barn. Considering it was Thanksgiving day and no one was going to be there to break the trailer for four more days I didn't see the harm in taking a short siesta and then stopping for a leisurely breakfast. I made it back in the allotted logging time so no harm done , right? Wrong! I was told that I was allowed 2 15 minute breaks and one thirty minute break( but don't be late getting back) and I was not to, under any circumstances, take more than the company authorized break allowance irregardless of whether or not their paying me for it or anyone's waiting for the freight. I still haven't figured out the harm done. I was on line haul and running by the mile so what harm was done? when I was terminated a short time later I really wasn't too upset. What upset me more was the fact I gave up a perfectly good job to come to Conway for 4 months. To add insult to injury I cannot even draw unemployment on Conway, I have to go back to my previous employer for the unemployment. But all is well as I should have a new job within a week or so.

Trust me when I say this is not sour grapes because I was "economically terminated", but this was one of the reasons I was becoming slowly disenfranchised with my new job at Conway. After 35 years of running over the road I was having a hard time adjusting to the oddball schedule. Given 11 hours to run 584 miles in a 62 mile an hour Conway sterling is pushing it. Add In three or four hours of dock work and another half hour or so of associated duties and it was quite a push. The kicker was the week after Thanksgiving when I was called on the carpet for taking an hour and a half break (consecutive) on the way back to the barn. Considering it was Thanksgiving day and no one was going to be there to break the trailer for four more days I didn't see the harm in taking a short siesta and then stopping for a leisurely breakfast. I made it back in the allotted logging time so no harm done , right? Wrong! I was told that I was allowed 2 15 minute breaks and one thirty minute break( but don't be late getting back) and I was not to, under any circumstances, take more than the company authorized break allowance irregardless of whether or not their paying me for it or anyone's waiting for the freight. I still haven't figured out the harm done. I was on line haul and running by the mile so what harm was done? when I was terminated a short time later I really wasn't too upset. What upset me more was the fact I gave up a perfectly good job to come to Conway for 4 months. To add insult to injury I cannot even draw unemployment on Conway, I have to go back to my previous employer for the unemployment. But all is well as I should have a new job within a week or so.

Correct me if I am wrong but , this sounds to
be but one small example of what happens when
POWER , CORPRATE GREED , INCONSIDERATION , ect. is
allowed to go rampantly unchecked by any reasonable
standards .

You have to call them safety breaks, they would rather the freight get back later, than you possibly end up in the ditch.