XPO | 2 hour roll-back

My thoughts as to why we will always have a two hour roll back. The terminals can keep us out a little later to clean up pick ups ,OSD and other loose ends.. With a two hour roll back DSR’S short on hours can leave later to save hours .and most important the only ones getting hurt are the dispensable DSR’S. Who’s only recourse is to whine to deaf ears and listen to the BS that XGO will fill your ears with when confronted. Sorry boys and girls we wont ever have a normal weekend in the world of linehaul. Thank god for the $80,000 a year pay checks.

jdog said:
I personally like the first in first out policy I work the outbound at my sic and then run to xin where i only stay for 1 or 2 hours then return. as for the two hour backup well I think it is all but forgotten at my barn
first in first out SUCKS ALL IT DOSE IS MAKES DRIVERS RACE TO THE FAC FORGET ABOUT STOPPING FOR A POTTY BREAK IF YOU DO YOU ARE YOU SCREWED JR DRIVERS PASS YOU I CANT TELL YOU I WAS THE SR DRIVER HAD 45000LBS ON A JR DRIVER HAD 15000 AND AN MTY PASSED ME ON A HILL GOT TO THE FAC 5 MIN BEFORE ME FIRST IN FIRST OUT HE GOT THE GOOD VIA AND I HAD TO STAY TO THE END MAN WHAT A SCREWING I GOT AS FAR AS THE 2 HR BACK UP ALL IT DOSE IS GET US BACK LATER ON SAT AFTERNOON

If C.F.(CONWAY FREIGHT) aka corn flakes feel we need a 2 hour back up thats ok with me.We as co-owners need to think about our team a little more then our home time.We are being selfish and not being true team player's.If:bgroovy: they need us at a reship a little longer to help clean,good.If it's good for C.F. it's good for us.Boy that felt good.

I can not cmprehend all the whining about this companys policies they are there for a reason if you do not like go back to you 11 dollar an hour job

i would like you guys look at it from a safety point of view.,,, mon-thursday is really laid back but still trailers are being unloaded as fast as they come in.due to the fact every one comes in periodically ,..now on friday everybody shows up the same time the sector stands have breaker packets falling on the floor because there is no where to hang them,.guys running over each other,guys running wide open up and down the dock ,.(this is the real safety issue here) trying to hurry up and get done so they can go. solution is this ,..on fridays let reship start at normal time and if a driver needs the 2 hour back up because he is short on hours then so be it. basically thats what it has turned to. all service centers are done with their O/B no later on friday than the rest of the week. and good god why a two hour back up on thanksgiving eve? i was in xsl last year and tony and mario came to everybody the night before reship of thanksgiving and told everyone i mean EVERYONE to come at normal time if possible. my T/M told me if i showed up early and he got a e mail from xgo because i was early to reship that i would get a letter in my file .( which by the way my file is 3 folders thick by now (WOO HOO) anyway my point is this ,.....its getting little crazy on the dock when every one shows up at the same time and we are busting our ass to get all the breakers done.

I know I won't make any friends with this post.
But I like the back-up on friday nite.
Gives me a little extra time to rest up
and spend some more time at the
dinner table before rushing out the door:bgroovy:

jdog said:
I can not cmprehend all the whining about this companys policies they are there for a reason if you do not like go back to you 11 dollar an hour job
That's right,You tell them.C.F.(conway freight) love it or leave it.I'm glad to see more DSR's such as you're self in our rank's.I just hope's you express you're self in this way at your yes seminar.

Well here,s a little insult to injury. at good old xcw, they're Making to linehaul drivers to stay and break freight! To cut down on O.T that the two saturday guys have to break freight, and load u-freight. The sorry thing about it, is that some of the those dsr's, blame it on us! it's not our fault that the management can't retain a decent flex board............

merlin5833 said:
Well here,s a little insult to injury. at good old xcw, they're Making to linehaul drivers to stay and break freight! To cut down on O.T that the two Saturday guys have to break freight, and load u-freight. The sorry thing about it, is that some of the those dsr's, blame it on us! it's not our fault that the management can't retain a decent flex board............
All the l/h driver's get back really late.Do that a few time's.Take a lunch a cross from the gate.Stay at the other reship late and have them pick all of you at the toll both.Call xgo.Form the kool-aid side.We need to do what ever is needs to be done to help the team.What's 2 hour's on a Saturday,What more Important,You're family or C.F.Remember with out C.F. were nothing,It's the best paying LTL out there and we need to give it our all.Remember it's a matter of pride.

yep needs to go been saying that since (89). especially the small 3rd world terminals finish up at 6 or 7 every nite.

Did you notice that they did NOT use the two hour setback on Good Friday? How come they can't do that for TG??????? :(

gfy said:
That's right,You tell them.C.F.(conway freight) love it or leave it.I'm glad to see more DSR's such as you're self in our rank's.I just hope's you express you're self in this way at your yes seminar.

I agree! :)

was told by a xin driver that had beed to YES recently,.dave m is against the 2 hour back up and has always been,and is implimenting plan to use it with a as needed basis. like in the winter when its slow we wont have it,..and use it at the end of month and quarter i dont know this is all hear say but if any part of it is true its a step in the right direction for mr m. to put his main source of income ( his drivers) back on his side!

no last names please

gfy said:
If C.F.(CONWAY FREIGHT) aka corn flakes feel we need a 2 hour back up thats ok with me......

"Corn Flakes", a throw back phrase :)

OK time for a new rumor.hear last night in XLF that starting on 6/9 we are going to a one hour delay.no more two hour delay anyone else hear of this?????