XPO | 2 hour set back

the blue robot

TB Regular
Credits
well i guess with all this money con-way is making they will want to have us stay open the extra hours to get all those last minute shipments on friday.sorry guys you bid it.:chairshot:

well i guess with all this money con-way is making they will want to have us stay open the extra hours to get all those last minute shipments on friday.sorry guys you bid it.:chairshot:
I along with any dvrs that i come in contact with and along with several SCM this two hr delay is really USELESS and it SUCKS getting back on a staurday 2 hours later! way to go CONWAY!!!!!!!!!!

if it's to give service centers more time to build headloads...it ain't workin.

I do what I can to make good headloads. The barn is too big for one peon to make a difference... I pull a 53' van dude.... I do the best I can on the dock man..... Sorry XIM, the entire load was too heavy. I tried to make 2 head loads, but was told, "not worth the time to strip out 43 door first''. Made one good one for ya..

I do try....

i enjoy the 2 hr rollback. i like the way freight is loaded from the outbound at other terminals. they have no pride in their work. i see so much damage from other terminals on friday night, cause the fos's are trying to cut the hrs worked. they are trying to save cost at their terminals, so, they throw the freight in and let the fac worry bout their freight. oh well, we can make the money for our families, but we might lose customers with the bad freight handling.

I am not so sure that the "backoff" is for us. I am beginning to think it is because "purchase" can't get to their destinations on time. They are backing us off 2 hrs., in order to MAYBE get all the purchase into destination with enough time to work it before the end of business for the week. It would appear that requiring the outside carriers to be at their destinations on time, is a waste of time, so, they back us off to compensate. Don't raise the bridge, lower the water level.....?.....:shrug:

Somebody is convinced that there are shippers willing to do business with us because we are operating later on a Friday. About the only good for us would be an emergency situation. Otherwise our customers don't waste alot of time getting to their weekend, so I think that it is too bad we are drug in with the rest of the system. I am sure there are service centers who are gaining an advantage, but I would really like to see some true numbers on that advantage before weighing in formally.
As for headloads, it is up to the SCM to lead and demand of his FOS team that they do it right. Nobody else is more responsible.

2 hrs set back

I am not so sure that the "backoff" is for us. I am beginning to think it is because "purchase" can't get to their destinations on time. They are backing us off 2 hrs., in order to MAYBE get all the purchase into destination with enough time to work it before the end of business for the week. It would appear that requiring the outside carriers to be at their destinations on time, is a waste of time, so, they back us off to compensate. Don't raise the bridge, lower the water level.....?.....:shrug:

our regonal sales guy said it was so we could stay open for the customers longer to get there last minute shipments, now its on hollidays and during the summer months.Tell me dont you want to close as soon as you can to get out of town for the weekend? dont know how its working.