2 lane mountain pass

Some folks on "The Truckers Report" think the driver riding the guardrail is just as fault. I DONT!

Some folks on "The Truckers Report" think the driver riding the guardrail is just as fault. I DONT!
He should shoulder some of the blame. It looked like he was running at least 45 - 50 mph in a posted 55 on snow, his reaction time was snail like to say the least and it looks like he did little to slow down to avoid the collision other then steer into the guardrail. Maybe, just maybe his sphinkster tightening up may have cut the oxygen supply to his brain.

He should shoulder some of the blame. It looked like he was running at least 45 - 50 mph in a posted 55 on snow, his reaction time was snail like to say the least and it looks like he did little to slow down to avoid the collision other then steer into the guardrail. Maybe, just maybe his sphinkster tightening up may have cut the oxygen supply to his brain.

I agree that he is also partly at fault in this case.....It appeared he was going to fast....however with video it is hard to exactly know....It seemed to me that he was completely unaware of the developing situation and that left him without options....I don't think he could have slowed quick enough by the time he saw the impending crisis...without making it worse by possibly jackknifing.....I could have been far less dramatic had he seen, and recognized, it sooner ..With that being said...I think the driver that was passing the snowplow shares the largest part of the blame .......and as far as the guy screaming.....Yeah I totally would probably do the same thing.....at that point he realized that the situation was completely beyond his control......

If I have the choice between a head on collision with a semi and taking out a guardrail, I'm taking out the guardrail.

Sorry, Guardrail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He should shoulder some of the blame.

B-$hit!!!!!!!!!!!

How you come away with that opinion is beyond reasoning. It is impossible to estimate his speed from a video, he did the only thing he could have done. Now the fault is clearly in the lap of the truck driver passing the snow plow and the snow plow driver should share some blame, he should have slowed or even stopped when he saw the situation developing. The truck driver doing the passing should be "horse-whipped" for being so stupid.

B-$hit!!!!!!!!!!!

How you come away with that opinion is beyond reasoning. It is impossible to estimate his speed from a video, he did the only thing he could have done. Now the fault is clearly in the lap of the truck driver passing the snow plow and the snow plow driver should share some blame, he should have slowed or even stopped when he saw the situation developing. The truck driver doing the passing should be "horse-whipped" for being so stupid.

I concur with you completely. Passing a plow uphill coming off a Curb is a complete Rookie move. You should expect crap like that from a 4wheeler!

The guy passing the plow does share the largest part of the responsibility in this near tragedy...however, as I stated before, I believe the driver with the cam bears a small share due in large part to the slowness to recognize and react before it developed into an emergency situation....

I would think the snow plow driver would have veered to the right and slowed as quick as possible when he saw the developing situation. I think all three must share in the blame with the passing truck sharing the most blame. He would no doubt be the one cited for causing the collision if they had collided and remained at the scene. In retrospect they all three had only seconds on an icy road to react.

Here's a possible REASON the "pass the plow" driver :eek: was proficient at such impasse:
Yahoo News Canada - Latest News & Headlines
crack-pipe-vending-machines-now-available

I doubt I would scream because I, 4 one, wood not be IN canada or for that matter driving that fast, under such weather and road conditions, in the states.

Snowy roads are somewhat fun.
Icy roads are in a 4 wheeler.

Scream Dweezer

Last edited by a moderator: