FedEx Freight | 2 Many City Drivers

Hello McFly.... I have been saying this for the last 6 months... Empty by 1400 is a huge waste of money and very unproductive. Each city is using an average of 10% more drivers this year just to meet empty by 1400 but moving the same amount of freight as last year but with a lot more overhead.... it is backwards.

Hello Fred Smith, someone at FedEx Freight has come up with a very bad idea that is setting us back and the new website problems were to blame last quarter for a drop in volume... wake up, it's empty by 1400 that is to blame.

Empty by 1400 is a complete failure and it's time to dump it. My city must have been one of the test cities because when I pointed out the problems with it awhile back I got a lot of disagreement from you guys but now it seems like more and more of you are walking in my shoes.

How can a company like FedEx that squeezes a number until it screams, not see that there is a tremendous amount of wasted cube space and mileage overlap due to Empty by 1400???

WHOMEVER CAME UP WITH EMPTY BY 1400... NEEDS TO BE SHOWN THE DOOR!!!

Wasted cube??? Are you building decks and having customers stack freight to get all 8 on the cube. If it was empty by 1500 would you still be complaining? I don't understand why everyone acts like this is the end of the world. I still run the same route with the same deliveries and the same pick ups. The only thing that changed was my start time. Empty by 1400 is a goal not a requirement if you can't do it safely then don't do it.

I was told fxf is doing this as other ltl carriers freight will still be sitting on the customers dock when we are there....leading to more JOM pick ups and business when customers realize this??? Who knows, I would say it is a little soon to say it is a failure.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Wasted cube??? Are you building decks and having customers stack freight to get all 8 on the cube. If it was empty by 1500 would you still be complaining? I don't understand why everyone acts like this is the end of the world. I still run the same route with the same deliveries and the same pick ups. The only thing that changed was my start time. Empty by 1400 is a goal not a requirement if you can't do it safely then don't do it.

Pig pen, if it's working out good at your center then great but it's not at many others. That is the point some of us are trying to get across here. Trust me, it's become a requirement not just a goal in our region. If we're not empty by 1400 with all the extra drivers they hired... then we will not get pickups and we will be sent home early.

Who is acting like "empty by 1400 is the end of the world"??? I think it depends on the city operation that you're working in. I don't think it's the end of the world, just the end of profitability for most city runs because of too much overlap and wasted cube space because rural drivers that use to do pickups and deliveries as they ran their run in order up until 5pm, are now getting stops taken off of them to be empty by 1400 (wasted cube) then back tracking later to make pickups they drove by earlier.

I wonder if these new hires were told the truth about the position? Oh wait a minute, It's FedUp of course they were lied to.