TForce | 2 Questions

Nightwalker

TB Lurker
Credits
Question 1: What is the latest on road driver lunches? I'm being told that if a road driver is on a meet, and his meet driver shows up 45 minutes late, the road driver waiting is charged a half hour lunch. Has anyone had this experience? According to the contract, they cannot impose a lunch upon us if there is no eating facility with restrooms, yet they are doing it anyway.

Question 2: Who exactly is going to be on the work rules commitee?
When does it begin and end?
What specific area's are going to differ greatly from barn to barn?

there has to be a hot meal available at the location before they can force a road driver to take a lunch, they can make you take up to an hour.

There are laws about leaving a truck with hazmat unattended though.

Question 1: What is the latest on road driver lunches? I'm being told that if a road driver is on a meet, and his meet driver shows up 45 minutes late, the road driver waiting is charged a half hour lunch. Has anyone had this experience? According to the contract, they cannot impose a lunch upon us if there is no eating facility with restrooms, yet they are doing it anyway.

Question 2: Who exactly is going to be on the work rules commitee?
When does it begin and end?
What specific area's are going to differ greatly from barn to barn?

..as I read the contact you decide when to take your lunch. between 3-6 hrs...but I take mine whem I get to my meet..which is at the RIC terminal...now the rub;the contract says at the farthest point could be a issue..guys meeting in the middle of the night on dirt lots does not constitute a suitable Meal Location..and the sentance about taking a meal period not being compulsory where a proper facility is not available seems clear...but what is clear these days....?

..your second question I`m not sure of..I have heard so many rumors..I just cant say... I`m going to the local today I`ll ask that question.

Here's the interpretation at our barn/local.
The company can take a 30 - 60 min meal period from the driver @ the meet point. You will be paid for the time spent for drop/hook etc.. Any time less than the 30 min is paid. Close contact with your meet person is important.
As far as the accesible eating place. Vending machines DO NOT constitute a accesible eating place. Just like a rddr taking hrs at a terminal you will be provided transportation to hotel, resturant etc... The same applies here, your are off duty, which covers the haz-mat situation, and you are permitted to use company equipment, (tractor), to go to the nearest accesible eating place with no liability to you. Be sure you talk to your steward/TM for the particular agreement for your barn before you do this
Hope this Helps:smilie_132:

Well the way I see it is very easy if there is no eating facility at your meet point then take your lunch before you get there following the guidelines of when you take your lunch very simple.

huh?

take it after third hour at an accessible eating place, if they take it out file on it. heck, they are forcing you to eat certain food, can't do that:1036316054: guys and gals, file on it!

So, since they sell bread and milk at the Wal-Mart would that be considered an accessible eating place? ::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

FishPie, let's not forget the restraunts like Sub-Way's and Little Ceasers Pizza, etc. that are in the Wal-Marts. I think a person can only handle so much sub sandwiches and pizza. :puke: