FedEx Freight | 2 road drivers fired in kcy

imported_hvydut

TB Lurker
Credits
these good drivers were fired because 2 or 3 other drivers decided to set them up for logging complete D/H's when technically they were supposed to log T/O's. When Den. hostlers hook up the sets for the road drivers they often leave landing gear down, safety chain unhooked, air not turned on to rear trailer, ect... So the drivers logged complete hooks and in turn were fired because several less senior drivers wanted to move up the board.:butt kiss:

these good drivers were fired because 2 or 3 other drivers decided to set them up for logging complete D/H's when technically they were supposed to log T/O's. When Den. hostlers hook up the sets for the road drivers they often leave landing gear down, safety chain unhooked, air not turned on to rear trailer, ect... So the drivers logged complete hooks and in turn were fired because several less senior drivers wanted to move up the board.:butt kiss:

scumming on up

How would anyone except management know what you were or were not logging.

Did they tell management what was going on and that they were logging full hooks because of this or did they just do it on their own.

This is another situation where we can speculate all we want but the only ones who really know are the terminated drivers and management.

FM

Good honest Drivers

So they logged it on their own, does that mean they should be fired? Where east meets west it turns into cluster because you have 2 different dispatchs involved so these guys just took some liberties and got the job done. But management in kcy just have a problem with road drivers. Now we have employees worrying about other drivers buisness and turning on each other. It makes me sick just thinking that i have no job security whatsoever. And dont say that we need to talk about with management because we've been there done that! I've been to other terminals in the area and their management and supervisors are mostly great guys. it seems in kcy you can't even get a hello that does'nt have a sarcastic tone to it.

So they logged it on their own, does that mean they should be fired? Where east meets west it turns into cluster because you have 2 different dispatchs involved so these guys just took some liberties and got the job done. But management in kcy just have a problem with road drivers. Now we have employees worrying about other drivers buisness and turning on each other. It makes me sick just thinking that i have no job security whatsoever. And dont say that we need to talk about with management because we've been there done that! I've been to other terminals in the area and their management and supervisors are mostly great guys. it seems in kcy you can't even get a hello that does'nt have a sarcastic tone to it.

No company worth it's salt fires someone for doing their job. The courts take them to task. Rest assured that if someone was fired, it was with just cause and a proper investigation.

Jeff

dont know

I hate to see anyone lose thier job and I don't know the procedures at the west barns. We are allowed 15 mins. for a TO. If the set is not completly hooked, how are you supposed to be compinsated for that? Seems to me that if the set is not hooked up properly, then I could see the drivers point. I think this situation should have been clarified before they logged as H. Maybe that would have saved thier jobs and put the heat on the hostlers who did not complete the hook.

T's and I's!!!!!

:hide: Through personal experience this company cross's it's &quot; T's &quot; and dot's it's &quot; I's &quot; before they do anything regarding their driver's,especialy dicipline action's.:bicycle:(<-- Company drivin all over us driver's.

I got to throw in my 2 cents. I dont think these guys should have charged for a H. What we are talking about here is a pre trip of your equipment. Oops the chain didnt get hooked up or they forgot the landing gear. So fix it right. Now u got to charge them for it? Always thought that what pre trips are for. If u want to take it to the next step call the hostler over and say fix it or call the super and say someone needs to fix this. Me? i just do it and tell the boss that dumb A hostler aint doing his job and if u dont get him straight I will sit there and miss my cut time and you can explain it to the big boss. I have pulled into scales and had the chp write something up that my dumb a mechinic wouldnt fix. Now he fixing it LOL

you cant take liberties,we had a hostler that would hook his own set on hostling time and they didnt fire him.The same guy ran off the road twice in a months time,and nothing!

The Manager's in Kansas City had a logging meeting today and did not come out and say why these two were fired but assured us that the two involved were under a lengthy investigation and that they would not fire anyone for making an honest mistake. The story I am getting is that they were putting out of service dollies from across the street into the dolly pool so that they would make it back to Kansas City so that they could get serviced.. Taking it upon there own self's to log a full hook when only doing a TO to compensate for there time to move the dollies. I know if a shop tech asked me to do this I would ask some question's before getting to this point. Will we ever know the truth ....I doubt it

You said it fedup, the only ones that know for sure are the ones involved and management.

Done deal. Sorry they had to lose their jobs over it, wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

FM

KCY doesn't make these decisions

Management in KCY may very well be crap but, they do not make the firing decisions. These decisions are made by transportation and human resources. It is possible that HR had reason to believe that these drivers knowingly were being compensated for work they were not doing. Pretripping /post tripping often requires a driver to make corrections, report problems or etc.. If extra compensation for activities is warranted shouldn't a driver seek the approval of a supervisor and obtain the proper signatures? I believe that these guys were probably good honest drivers who served the company well. Sometimes though when we get fed up with things we take matters into our own hands, perhaps that is what has happened here to some extent. I would be willing to bet that their responses to the line of questioning presented to them was what ultimately got them canned. It is probably one of life's ironic twists that they probably were let go after being completely honest about their actions and motivations. Best wishes to the 2 drivers I will pray they will land on their feet. Please note the degree of speclation here, it is all we can really do without a first hand account.

Set the record right please.

I hear and I repeat ''I hear'' that they have lost 10 road drivers to Roadway and Dayton in the last couple days. Who can confirm or dispel this post as rumor ? Thank you in advance.

do you really think fedex or any other reputable corporation would fire people for no reason??? c-mon too many people looking for any easy buck these days w/ wrongful termination lawsuits, and from what I understand fxground has thier hands full of litigation right now. this is just rediculous and everyone should get on w/ thier lives.

Welcome ''rodknocker '' glad to have ya here.
Please tell the others in your center about us.

do you really think fedex or any other reputable corporation would fire people for no reason??? c-mon too many people looking for any easy buck these days w/ wrongful termination lawsuits, and from what I understand fxground has thier hands full of litigation right now. this is just rediculous and everyone should get on w/ thier lives.

Rodknocker don't forget, we are all &quot;at will&quot; employees we can be let go at anytime for any reason.