FedEx Freight | 2 road drivers fired in kcy

I agree with rodknocker. corp had a legal reason to let those guys go. There is always something not beeing told about these things. ALWAYS protect yourself and do EVERYTHING by the book. Even if the book is WRONG.

I do not work for this company, but I see a lot of people standing up for the company's decision to fire these two drivers. And nobody really knows what the truth is.

I would think that more drivers would be defending the two fired driver's and waiting for a answer as to WHY they were fired. Instead of taking the company's side and not knowing the full details. Just another road drivers thoughts.

I got to throw in my 2 cents. I dont think these guys should have charged for a H. What we are talking about here is a pre trip of your equipment. Oops the chain didnt get hooked up or they forgot the landing gear. So fix it right. Now u got to charge them for it? Always thought that what pre trips are for. If u want to take it to the next step call the hostler over and say fix it or call the super and say someone needs to fix this. Me? i just do it and tell the boss that dumb A hostler aint doing his job and if u dont get him straight I will sit there and miss my cut time and you can explain it to the big boss. I have pulled into scales and had the chp write something up that my dumb a mechinic wouldnt fix. Now he fixing it LOL

I would have to agree, these guys knew what they were doing and were probably under the glass for a while before they dropped the axe on them. I hate to hear anytime anyone loses their job, and hope all turns out well for them.

FxfMgr,
Welcome to Truckingboards.

(where the road driver rumors are always at least juicy if not entirely factual!)

Welcome ''fxfmgr''

Now what do you manage ?
Are you a CCM ? :hide:
Make sure you tell all your boys about us there.

Just so all you folks know the stldude44 rocks !

:nutkick:

I hear and I repeat ''I hear'' that they have lost 10 road drivers to Roadway and Dayton in the last couple days. Who can confirm or dispel this post as rumor ? Thank you in advance.

If by "they" you mean KCY then no, that rumor is false. We did have 2 drivers get fired and 2 quit, but I only know the two that quit actually went to Roadway.

roog

Ok the way I look at it is these guys lied on their log books. Then some guys did a pre-hook for them. Ok that is the facts. If the other guys set them up, well then those guys should be terminated as well. That is one cold hearted way to move up on the board. If guys in this company want to move up that's fine, but to set people up that is wrong, those guys that got set up has families and that is taking the food off of their tables. It's just amazing that we have cold hearted people that would do that to other drivers. If management told them to do a pre-hook to set them up well then the management should be terminated as well. FedEx is a family company. Family shouldn't do that to other family members. Some guys should just wait their turn just like everybody else. We have a few road drivers in our yard that would just love to move up and they would do anything to do it. I think that this is an issue that should be address. I think that when people in this company that does these kind of hatefull acts, it's bad for our company.

I heard from a 'reliable' source,,, very close to the drivers,,, that it was nothing to do with logging... They pulled dollies behind the tractors across a street,,, from lot to center,,, and the Nark,,, (sp?) took a camera phone picture.... What a slime bag to do something like that just to move up... That dollie thing has probably happened a thousand times.....

Rodknocker don't forget, we are all "at will" employees we can be let go at anytime for any reason.

That is true, but I have to say the company has been more than fair with it's employee's in the regard to firing driver's, at least what I have seen in Michigan. I have seen driver's that work the system and get away with murder, and they are the first one's alway's complaining how the company is out to get them. I know thing s wor k different depending on what center you are out of, but some driver's could drive their set right through the front door of the service center and keep their job. :hide:

I heard from a 'reliable' source,,, very close to the drivers,,, that it was nothing to do with logging... They pulled dollies behind the tractors across a street,,, from lot to center,,, and the Nark,,, (sp?) took a camera phone picture.... What a slime bag to do something like that just to move up... That dollie thing has probably happened a thousand times.....
If a driver did that to fellow drivers that is not cool.:nutkick:

I herd the dollys they were pulling across the street from the Watkins temrinal were out of service and they were bringng them back to kc on their own to get them fixed. sounds like a safety issue, not only theres but the genral public as well we will likely never no the whole story

I herd the dollys they were pulling across the street from the Watkins temrinal were out of service and they were bringng them back to kc on their own to get them fixed. sounds like a safety issue, not only theres but the genral public as well we will likely never no the whole story

Wait a minute, I heard they were photographed picking their noses at a traffic light! :hysterical: Thank god they were fired, can you imagine the damage to FedEx's image if that wound up on Fox News? Or how about World's wildest Nose Picking Video's???:biglaugh:

The reality is they were fired for violating some policy or another...companies don't fire people for obeying policy. What they were fired for will always be a subject of conjecture, since the company will never reveal the offense and the drivers have every motivation in the world to lie. Oops, there I go, mentioning the fact that terminated employee's lie like dogs about what they did to get fired. :chairshot:

Shame be upon me for pointing out the truth.:smilie_132:

Jeff