New Penn | 2 weeks without a post

Come on guys. There must be some rumors or news floating around out there

no rumors coming outta my area. sorry CFer. the only thing different i've been noticing is i'm seeing less and less frt. coming from Wilson Trucking & Alvan. anybody got any answers ??

Waiting on the steel for the addition in springfield, dock is all finished,46 additional doors. lots of room for what? i have no idea,maybe time too carve -up the terratory again ?

Waiting on the steel for the addition in springfield, dock is all finished,46 additional doors. lots of room for what? i have no idea,maybe time too carve -up the terratory again ?

as slow as it's been, makes ya wonder what they need 46 more doors for. but, you know the old saying, it's always quietest before the storm, and boy it's sure been quiet. makes ya wonder if somethings brewing.

as slow as it's been, makes ya wonder what they need 46 more doors for. but, you know the old saying, it's always quietest before the storm, and boy it's sure been quiet. makes ya wonder if somethings brewing.

Don't forget the time of year it is. It's always better to deal with things like this while it's slow instead of when it's busy

Had a quick little morning meeting with the TM. Was told the O/R for the last reportable period was 83, however total bill count and freight tonnage was down.
Business is SLOW !

flstc2000, was that o/r for all of npme for last quarter or for your terminal?i know some terminals have what seems like un-real o/r's. while some just can't seem to make a buck. since total o/r was i think 92-93, last quarter for regional group, anybody remember there algerbra? X+X+X+83=93DIVIDED BY 4.NEVER GOOD IN MATH BUT I'M SURE SOMEBODY HERE can FIGURE IT OUT. have always heard npme and reddaway have good o/r's, but holland guys keep saying how there's has dropped to low numbers, bestaway, i think needs to wake up. funny how non-union bestaway is worst o/r.ok, they might have a terminal or two organized. i see where yellows texas terminals have lets say alot of labor strife and seems bestaway can't make money down there. yet though the south was cheaper to price in, or easier than say northeast, anybody know why they cant seem to do better. freight has been dead lately and so has npme trucking boards, nobody got anything to say?

flstc2000, was that o/r for all of npme for last quarter or for your terminal?i know some terminals have what seems like un-real o/r's. while some just can't seem to make a buck. since total o/r was i think 92-93, last quarter for regional group, anybody remember there algerbra? X+X+X+83=93DIVIDED BY 4.NEVER GOOD IN MATH BUT I'M SURE SOMEBODY HERE can FIGURE IT OUT. have always heard npme and reddaway have good o/r's, but holland guys keep saying how there's has dropped to low numbers, bestaway, i think needs to wake up. funny how non-union bestaway is worst o/r.ok, they might have a terminal or two organized. i see where yellows texas terminals have lets say alot of labor strife and seems bestaway can't make money down there. yet though the south was cheaper to price in, or easier than say northeast, anybody know why they cant seem to do better. freight has been dead lately and so has npme trucking boards, nobody got anything to say?

Reported O/R of 83 was for the NPME group only. Our terminal ( 14 ) had an 88, and as you know many others report ratio's all over the board, with my quess NYC being the worst that I see on a daily basis. But that is the hardest market to crack with traffic alone causing delays that would prevent any carrier from being profitable.
When business picks back up you can be sure managements attention will revert back to other issues instead of looking at the numbers under a microscope.