FedEx Freight | $20 Million Claims Reduction

What I don't like at all is that they have all but stopped buying good wooden deaking boards,cut back on straps but by god you can easily find 40 pallets of declaimed cardboard for stacking freight,, come on will tell our customers we don't stack freight here we deck it,,, joke,, we now shove it on stacked three high on smooth sided vans that we pay the competition to haul one way,, so many things spiraling right down the :shit:ter,, give the dock workers the supplies they need to do a good job, just my 2 Cents

I suggested that photos of the line haul loads be taken just before the roll door,or barn doors, whatever the case are closed & sealed.
If the outbound crews are happy with the load they shouldn't object to a photo finish.

My Overnite manager always said that was a good idea.
However the only photos that were ever taken were the ones after the trailer was opened at the destinations.
Even that photo session was short lived.
The thing I always said, photos speak more than any whining over poor loading methods, when the trailers were broken down & freight was messed up.
We too have been doing this for several years...well, on the mainline anyways, can't speak for the hub side.

What I don't like at all is that they have all but stopped buying good wooden deaking boards,cut back on straps but by god you can easily find 40 pallets of declaimed cardboard for stacking freight,, come on will tell our customers we don't stack freight here we deck it,,, joke,, we now shove it on stacked three high on smooth sided vans that we pay the competition to haul one way,, so many things spiraling right down the :shit:ter,, give the dock workers the supplies they need to do a good job, just my 2 Cents
Somewhere there has to be one hell of stash of boards, beams and straps. A few years ago we bought several millions of dollars worth and now we are out again. I have heard they go west and never make it back. We used to load rail vans from the west coast full of decking to use in the Midwest hubs, but I haven't seen that in a very long time.

Somewhere there has to be one hell of stash of boards, beams and straps. A few years ago we bought several millions of dollars worth and now we are out again. I have heard they go west and never make it back. We used to load rail vans from the west coast full of decking to use in the Midwest hubs, but I haven't seen that in a very long time.

We might get 3 or 4 pups a week with decking and beams. Never seen a rail can full. Sure wish we could get one. Really stinks not having all the tools for the job.

We might get 3 or 4 pups a week with decking and beams. Never seen a rail can full. Sure wish we could get one. Really stinks not having all the tools for the job.

I remember working the dock and not able to find shrink wrap when recouping freight. There's nothing more frustrating.

I was told last night by the claims prevention guy that no more wood will be bought for decking. Poly from now on, reminds me of the rope instead of straps lol. Cut corners to save money,just don't know how it will turn out.

I was told last night by the claims prevention guy that no more wood will be bought for decking. Poly from now on, reminds me of the rope instead of straps lol. Cut corners to save money,just don't know how it will turn out.
The Poly decking won't hold as much weight as the wooden type, although it may last longer if not overloaded. I hope it is tested on a limited basis to see if it can do the job before we invest exclusively in it.

The Poly decking won't hold as much weight as the wooden type, although it may last longer if not overloaded. I hope it is tested on a limited basis to see if it can do the job before we invest exclusively in it.

Poly decking is nice. Makes easy work of building one. The poly is 75% lighter than wood

there are a few things they could do. 1 hire full time dock workers. 2 stop loading hub to hub run straight trailers when possible. For example
POR to MSP if you cant load a full trailer.
Put MSP in the noise HERM BSE on the tail. When it hits HERM pull that freight off and add more MSP. The less we touch it the less damage we will have. Pure common sense. Now I know it won't always work that way but its a good start.