2005 international 4300 automatic transmission

yagobrf

TB Lurker
Credits
I had an accident related to the brakes. When I press the brakes air leaks out of the dashboard near the brake valve. It never did that before. When that happens the brakes get sought of sponge and the brakes finally grabbed 2 to 3 seconds later. You feel that temporarily you have no brakes. Another driver drove thus truck and had the same issue. The mechanic said that there is nothing wrong with the brakes. I beg to differ. Does any one in this forum have any imput about this. Help is appreciated. Thanks.

Probably every experienced driver on this board can relate to what I am about to say. In my years of driving and dealing with mechanics, there is one thing that I have found out with 90% of them. A mechanic will stand and argue with a driver for 30 minutes that there is nothing wrong, when it would not have taken him 15 minutes to fix the problem

Now, personally, I would not drive the truck off the yard until the problem is repaired. I am not a mechanic, so I am not about to try to diagnosis your problem, but until the problem is solved, the truck would sit.