ODFL | 2007 Good or bad year ?

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
O.D. opened or expanded at least 8 terminals this year.They bought Priority,went into China and are heading for Europe.They've bought a lot of new equipment and everybody got a raise.The year is drawing to a close,they did pretty good.How did you do ? Did you do better than last year,about the same,or less ? No dollar amounts.

it almost always gets better,although everybody will not say that.I still hear "the raise could have been better" bull.I do not think OD has overextended to a point they cannot cover and seem to be in control of what they want to do with respects to expansion.I bet a lot of possible buyouts will be available next year if the economy stay flat (even though it is not flat ,it is what is reported) .The cost of oil and the related products will slow the economy if it continues upward though.

To me it was just a flat year. The raise was nothing to brag about. I do think OD is probably more secure than many other truck lines. I wish the best to everyone.

hate to say it but yrc is in big trouble.od may not have to buy anybody.just like when cf went under there be more work then we could possibly handle

hate to say it but yrc is in big trouble.od may not have to buy anybody.just like when cf went under there be more work then we could possibly handle

Sometimes I believe these companys try to look like things are not really going well for one reason or another.I notice when the stock price goes down a lot of people buy and when it goes back up,as it always does,a lot make big money.Things may be getting hard for a while in these trucking companys but they've got hard before and the strong ones that WANT to make it will.

YRC may sell off or close one or two companies or even spin them off as they did with Saia so as to say they are fixing the problems.I just think they are trying to control the market.If you look at what they have they cover the US 3 times Yellow,Roadway,and then the smaller regionals if put together on a map make it 3 with a hole in the SE.