2007 promises to be VERY interesting

ha ha harry

TB Lurker
Credits
Here's an interesting theory/rumor/hypothesis, etc...

Seems that Jevic is doing so well since buying their freedom from SCS, that they may be looking to acquire another firm to foster further growth.

Now, I'm no genius, but 'bout that copy cat company with the Burgundy Trucks, just down the road. They're owned by an equity firm themselves, making this highly plausible...

Talk about coming full circle, imagine Jevic buying New Cenutry?

Here's an interesting theory/rumor/hypothesis, etc...

Seems that Jevic is doing so well since buying their freedom from SCS, that they may be looking to acquire another firm to foster further growth.

Now, I'm no genius, but 'bout that copy cat company with the Burgundy Trucks, just down the road. They're owned by an equity firm themselves, making this highly plausible...

Talk about coming full circle, imagine Jevic buying New Cenutry?
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :

One never knows....

I hear on good authority the president and CEO of Jevic is looking for tuck-ins and acquisitions…and that everything is being considered. He has the backing of their financial firm and has been told to look at every opportunity that is available….does this mean the"maroon company" should be looking over its shoulder?
I'd be scared if I worked at NC. Jevic's growing while the rest of the industry is not. NC's financial backer would sell them in a second. Jevic knows the people, equipment, properties, and customers they'd want to keep at NC …and the one's they don't. NC has been doing nothing but throwing dirt at Jevic for years while Jevic took the high road and now has its ship in order...…how many waves would this make in the industry!
Lets wait and see….
:1036316054:

Well, their trucks do have a blue stripe on them, I believe. Also, one of their "old/sold" trucks has been leased on to Jevic, for I see it often @ J3. They don't look bad with JEVIC on the doors!

Smack talk at jevic

yeah right, jevic buy us! how about the other way around? every where i go i see us picking up jevic's business.
and what about all these layoffs?

I think they should make a new century area

Lets keep Jevic and NC separate.While Jevic lost good people to NC,we also lost most of the as#$*les! Why would we want the as@#*&es
back in blue?

JC (Memphis) will be opening either late in this first quarter or very early in the second.
We are still expanding and are probably going to buy another company to handle the volume but I highly doubt it will be NC.
NC isn't near as busy or growing near as fast as we are.
Anybody that says different just doesn't have the facts.
I have ALOT of friends that went over to the "dark side" and say it was OK at first but are thinking about coming back "home". NC isn't the "old Jevic" like they promised and like I've said before, the door is still open to the old guys but don't miss the boat.
Times,they are a changin' and it's all good.:1036316054: :funky:

Everyone is slow

There is alot of talk about Jevic on the street but you cant be any busyer than anyone else.
I heard about the Lowes account too. your gonna choke on it.
Its just a matter of time before Harry goes and gets it.:nutkick:

My understanding is its a Valspar account,NOT
Lowes.That is just where the frt is going.Frt is
coming from Valspar plants,not from Lowes dc

If NC gets it,thast buisness.How you guys doing with your battery account?

This is for the miss guided

OK K.O.A.T. lets got at it. For starters i talked to alot of employee's at NC (remember this is from them not me) and i quote "we need a revolving door on NC because we have people comming and quitting all the time". also as you know you folks got so slow also and layed off all of the part time help. I also know for fact you have had a lot of guys that where ther for awhile left the company. also they have had guys who are full time staying home calling in because of NO work. and you are right we did have some layoffs in the office it is called restructuring we don't ned to be top heavy in the office like NC. now we all now that the KING OF ALL SLAVES :Bondage: (harry for all you new commers) is never around any more the drivers i talked to say they have not seen hime for a longggg time i remember when there was a OPEN DOPR policy where when Harry was in you could walk in and talk to him, or when was the last time you even talked to him yourself?? I know we have that policy brought back at JEVIC for those who have BALLS enough to talk to DAVE and say whats on thier mind, but here is one last thing just remember this WHEN and IF we decide to buy NC we will keep a truck open for you :hysterical:

have a good weekend enjoy the Super Bowl i am outta here:beerchug:

New Century can't have their own area on the board. Harry would have Jim L**** busy trying to track down anyone who said anything bad about the company.

I though NC was a joke when I worked there. Could never get home for more than 15 hours, couldn't get any good miles because I didn't kiss Outbounds a** like all of the old timers (also wouldn't run 1100 miles in 24 hours). When I scheduled three days off a full month in advance, they made me go to Jersey and cushioned me home for my time off even though I had been out 15 days.

Finally, I had a mishap (my fault, I admit) and cut it too tight trying to get turned around to get out of some hole in Chicago. I bent the fairing behind the driver side of the cab. It took them two hours to replace it in the shop, and they took it from my safety bonus; fair enough, no complaints. THEN..three weeks later, they called me into the office and put me out of service for three days because of the fairing; said they were cracking down on all of the fender benders. THEN told me I had to be out of the truck for the three days even though I was 700 miles from my house.

It's a clASSy company that puts you out of the truck for three days when you're 700 miles from home. Needless to say, that was my last day. I don't work for people I can't trust.

OK K.O.A.T. lets got at it. For starters i talked to alot of employee's at NC (remember this is from them not me) and i quote "we need a revolving door on NC because we have people comming and quitting all the time". also as you know you folks got so slow also and layed off all of the part time help. I also know for fact you have had a lot of guys that where ther for awhile left the company. also they have had guys who are full time staying home calling in because of NO work. and you are right we did have some layoffs in the office it is called restructuring we don't ned to be top heavy in the office like NC. now we all now that the KING OF ALL SLAVES :Bondage: (harry for all you new commers) is never around any more the drivers i talked to say they have not seen hime for a longggg time i remember when there was a OPEN DOPR policy where when Harry was in you could walk in and talk to him, or when was the last time you even talked to him yourself?? I know we have that policy brought back at JEVIC for those who have BALLS enough to talk to DAVE and say whats on thier mind, but here is one last thing just remember this WHEN and IF we decide to buy NC we will keep a truck open for you :hysterical:

have a good weekend enjoy the Super Bowl i am outta here:beerchug:

:biglaugh: was harry a good SLAVE MASTER to you when he owned you at jevic .