ODFL | 2007 raise

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
What's O.D.'s raise going to look like this year ? Less,same,or more ? You know they've not took a step back anywhere this year.

with them saying revenues are going to decline and all the money they are spending i guess it will be the same or less probably less

2nd quarter this year does not look as good as last year plus the expenditure to buy Priority.they base the raise on how 1st and 2nd quarter go and both will be down vs last year so the raise will be smaller plus the insurance rates are changing next year ,probably higher as well as the loss of the premier package

2nd quarter this year does not look as good as last year plus the expenditure to buy Priority.they base the raise on how 1st and 2nd quarter go and both will be down vs last year so the raise will be smaller plus the insurance rates are changing next year ,probably higher as well as the loss of the premier package

Check their website out,they raised their rates in March,that should count for something.

true but freight is down right now so even with the increase of rates it does not cover lack of freight.i have averaged 10 bills(a day) on my normal peddle that used to have 20(a day) plus a day.my outbound on that route is down maybe 10 percent too,most corp accounts are still shipping the same as always.

With the cost of living going up, At least some need to keep drivers, the temptation of newer drivers with with little seniority to move to higher paying LTL COs from the moderately paying OD especially Linehaul. I would think that OD may of set a sort of line last year and hope that they do not go below that again in the near future. Also there is a average cost of living. I am hoping for at least a moderate raise equal to for all and maybe above for solo linehaul drivers. Never know what OD is going to do soooo.

but after hearing what the raise is how many times have you heard others say it should have been more.i hear it every year.i have gotten a raise every year i have worked for OD.How many places that you have worked at can say that.whatever the raise is ,is what OD thinks they can pay without hurting the bottom line and it is more in my pocket,but of course there are those that want more

but after hearing what the raise is how many times have you heard others say it should have been more.i hear it every year.i have gotten a raise every year i have worked for OD.How many places that you have worked at can say that.whatever the raise is ,is what OD thinks they can pay without hurting the bottom line and it is more in my pocket,but of course there are those that want more

That's part of life,people always want more.6 or 7 years ago the company was in the pencil and paper stone age.Now everything but the handtrucks is computerized,there has even been talk of going paperless and a few terminals are trying it.There is one thing I can say about O.D. it started from nothing,has grown and keeps growing every year.Benefits and pay has always been slow but steadily increasing.We started with 1 week vacation now the top dogs get 5 weeks.Now it seems like they're getting more flexible in their scheduling and shifts in order to keep people.Good hours or a good run mean a lot to the employee and his family.Who knows where or how the company will end up but for the past 73 years it's got a hell of a track record.