TForce | 2007 Raise........

Well what do you know the midnight hour of 2006 was drawing to a close.
Now we find that UPS hasn't forgotten the people that helped make UPS Freight the good company they are with the old Overnite,and Motor Cargo workers.

How sweet it is,anything is better than nothing.

I missed the meeting this morning because of a late appoinment.
I heard the good news before I clocked out tonight.
hugnlug posted about this meeting that he'd post what he heard,but I see this thread beet him to the punch.

I didn't hear everything about this meeting,but what I see it was a meeting that was system wide.
Everyone found out around the same time.

I'll either find out what else was said about next year from my co-workers on the truckingboards,or through the gossip mill at my terminal.

Welcome to the boards untouchable16!! I did some thinking on this pathetic raise and this is what I came up with.
.50 per hour x 40 hours = $20.00
Last years ins. $42 now $58, $16 increase.
$20.00 raise-1/3 taxes=$13.40 clear
$16 ins. increase-$13.40 raise take home=
a $2.60 difference in the companies favor!!
The raise does'nt even cover the increase in insurance. :nutkick:
Thank God we will gain an hour back when we go from 43 down to 42 hours before O.T. starts. :puke: The horses can't get here soon enough.

Gee wiz hugnlug you are a thinking man.

You really know how to burst our bubble,and thats a great big 10/4.

Oh well it sounded good for awhile.
But everyone knows that health care costs are out of this world.
So I guess UPS is jusy helping pay for the higher health care costs,when its posted the way you have it.

You think the Teamsters union will be able to squeeze more money out of UPS,hugnlug?

Sorry Apo, I try to think in the real world. But it does not mean I'm right, just another way of looking at it. I'm very interested in knowing what people really think of this raise. Maybe I missed something or there is another way of looking at it.

Yeah....the city man gets .50 cents.....and the road driver gets .125 cents....I'm not real good at math....but sure does sound like the road drivers are still making quite a bit more than the city guys??

I averaged 53 hours so far this year,

43 x .50 = $21.50
10 x .75 = $7.50

My insurance only cost me about $6 a week

thats $29 a week x 52 weeks $1508 a year

Yeah....the city man gets .50 cents.....and the road driver gets .125 cents....I'm not real good at math....but sure does sound like the road drivers are still making quite a bit more than the city guys??

I'm a peddle guy, so I don't hear or see too many road drivers. How did they make out on the delay/breakdown pay?

I'm a peddle guy, so I don't hear or see too many road drivers. How did they make out on the delay/breakdown pay?

Nothing has changed here at "O" The raise is the same as years past except no extra this year to cover the high medical costs. Delay/Breakdown pay Not even talked about. And I don't expect it to change. Why should it? We are the envy of the Ltl industry! And you are correct, For most with family medical the raise will NOT cover the medical Ins. increase.

I wish it was .125 per mile but its only 01.25 cpm which for most is 25-30 dollars more per week. And most road drivers average 55-65 hours per week invested. I will not complain about our milage pay. Its not bad and has never been an issue. 0.5437993 CPM 1/1/07 I dont want to talk about delay/breakdown pay.

Just think, You local drivers will get overtime after 40 in the far,far, future in 2009 OH, BOY! Its the vision you just can't see it!

I like how everyone except the terminal's that are UNION get the raise I hope INDY can get it done for everyone

For me its like getting a free tank of gas everyother week.
My personal vehicle is a 1998 Dodge 1/2 ton pickup.
Tuned up,and fresh oil,it gets a whopping 13 miles to the gallon.
So the UPS Freight raise is going to start paying for a tank full twice a month starting in 2007.
Thats unless the gas goes up in price.

Oh well its better than what we thought we were going to get up to the beginning of this week.
Zero, zip,nothing.
I say any raise is better than no raise.

Yeah I know your all looking for the horses.
I gotcha before the first post reply to my post!!!!!

Just think, You local drivers will get overtime after 40 in the far,far, future in 2009 OH, BOY! Its the vision you just can't see it!
I'm proud as punch knowing that I still can help a struggling $42.3 billion dollar company curve their expenses and hopefully help keep them in business!!! It's almost like you guys helping out with the breakdown/delay pay. :biglaugh:

Nothing has changed here at "O" The raise is the same as years past except no extra this year to cover the high medical costs. Delay/Breakdown pay Not even talked about. And I don't expect it to change. Why should it? We are the envy of the Ltl industry! And you are correct, For most with family medical the raise will NOT cover the medical Ins. increase.

Not a bit.........

I'm proud as punch knowing that I still can help a struggling $42.3 billion dollar company curve their expenses and hopefully help keep them in business!!! It's almost like you guys helping out with the breakdown/delay pay. :biglaugh:

Makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside doesnt it?:hysterical: :hysterical: