ABF | 2007 Saftey Award

Mr.Happy

TB Lurker
Credits
I just got my 2007 saftey award WHAT A FRICKEN JOKE. I can't believe ABF would waste there money on something as cheap as this piece of junk.What a slap in the face for all the hard work we do to be the safest LTL carrier in our industry.And I can't believe the cheap junk that this company gives us.A nice jacket or shirt from the company store would have gotten more use than a junk tool set.Way to go Mr.D and the saftey dept.

2007 safety awards

Icould'nt agree with you more. Fri they sent me to assist on one of those Ryder turn key setups. They gave him him one of those "tool kits" touse. Before we finished I broke the 3/8 ratchet drive and had to borrow one(a snap-on) from the Ryder mechanics to finish the job! Penny wise dollar foolish. Those tool kits fit right in with the Freightliners we have in the city. Oh ya anybody have any bubble gum?

Come on guys, look, it's not every day the company gives you useful tools to work with. The smoke detectors are to bring with you to keep in these exhaust filled cabs so you can bail out before you get gassed. The extinguishers are so you can put yourself out when the dang thing catches fire during the regeneration process.

You guys AGAIN failed to see the big picture.