ABF | 2008 Equipment Order

2008 Equipment Order/99 Sterlings

The 2008 equipment order won't be official until after the January 25 earnings report. The company may adjust the order of desired number of tractors/trailers if negotiations on the contract don't go as planned. The projections for the freight industry is a slow year for freight. It would show optimism if new equipment is purchased.
As for the question about the 1999 Sterling order, the people responsible for that order retired several years ago so it is a moot point.

As for the question about the 1999 Sterling order, the people responsible for that order retired several years ago so it is a moot point.

Moot point? Not hardly. You would think they would learn from past experience. Those 1999 Sterlings were bone shattering skeleton crushers. The 15, 16, and 17's are not much better. Although air ride, I think that if they had a softer suspension,(20,000 instead of 24,000 lb)spent a few more bucks on good seats that a guy could make a run with, they just might get better productivity, and quit hurting drivers.

Oh sorry, I kinda lost my head there. That just might be the right thing to do.

Latest word on equipment order- 329 road units-half Mack-half Sterling-1250 trailers-200 converter gears. The order has been placed.
I don't know when delivery will start.

Hopefully the smaller half will be mack.