XPO | 2008 Holiday Schedule

Well you can't fault me for trying to make a few extra bucks around the holidays.

But your right your time is worth way more than mine seeing you work for Conway.
You could get a much higher bid then me for my time.
If you don't use your days will they pay you after the end of the year.

Nope with UPS Freight if you snooze you lose.
If you don't take all your time off the only time they will pay you for any unused days is when your going to retire.
Other then that one case if we don't use them,we are just out of luck.

I've got two vacation days left for this year.
Does anyone want to buy them from me?

Oh yes thats right I work for UPS Freight so I'd have to take my days,and come over to your barn,to take your place.

I would have to clear this with the terminal manager at the Con-Way barn of the highest bidder.

Well then what am I bid for my last two days?

I'll offer sick days - 2 to 1.
And I'll clear it with the TM.

Okay, ....make it 3 to 1.

ok my paycheck says under vac hours start and end balance: 8.000 hours and nothing under "accured taken and adj/payout" i was hired july 2006 and a regular october 2006 (towards the end) i got 2 pto's and one vacation which i thought i blew, or maybe i didnt, well does this mean that i have 1 vac day left and if i dont use it they will pay me at the end of this year?

ok my paycheck says under vac hours start and end balance: 8.000 hours and nothing under "accured taken and adj/payout" i was hired july 2006 and a regular october 2006 (towards the end) i got 2 pto's and one vacation which i thought i blew, or maybe i didnt, well does this mean that i have 1 vac day left and if i dont use it they will pay me at the end of this year?
Ask your h/r guy down stairs next to the break room. He will look it up in the computer.

good deal thanks gfy, but if u did have vacation at the end of the year (unused) you would automatically get paid for it right? so there's nothing really i have to do

Personal days are not vacation.
And no you do not get paid for unused vacation but you can bank 1/2 of it.

However you are suppose to be paid only for unused option days.

And, I could be wrong; I have no P&P manual to look at.....

I have no P&P manual to look at.....
Good one!:1036316054::biglaugh:

The only way you get paid for unused and accrued vacation time is if you get terminated.
If that week or a few days earned is bankable than it will be rolled over. Otherwise you will have to take it.

However:
I have heard of instances where a person could not take an unbankable week and just got paid for it. They don't like to do that and would much rather see you enjoy your earned days micromanaged free.

As far as I remember. You can only bank half of your full vacation weeks. (5days) I'm not sure how they handle the split vacation days.

1 bank 1
2 bank 1
3 bank 1
4 bank 2
5 bank 2
6 bank 3
etc...

My P&P manual was taken away.
I have a corporate snitch to talk to.:hide: