ABF | 2008 NMFA Ballot

Credits
It is painfully obvious that the IBT is trying to ram this shameful TA to ratification. From the freight updates stating all delegates at the 2 man except 1 unanimously recommend ratification, to the robo-call from Tyson Johnson received recently encouraging members to vote yes (by the way when was the last time the IBT called and told members to vote yes , everyone I've talked to and this includes some 30 year Teamsters says never) to the less than one week to review and form a decision on the proposal.

Because of these stated facts I believe the ballot will include a strike authorization vote attached to the NO votes.

Many of the members may believe this means we go on strike if this thing is voted down. Nothing could be further from the truth. Both parties (IBT and TMI) know a strike would be devastating.

Even if we wanted to strike we could not at this time; the contract is still in full force and effect until March 31, 2008 and a strike now would be a violation of the contract and open up the Union for law suits to recoup damages caused by a strike. Article 8 Section 3 of the NMFA sets very limited parameters under which a strike may be called mid-term in a contract and a rejection of a contract proposal while the contract is still in effect is not one of them.

I personally will be voting NO, with that said every member has the right to vote his conscience without fear of the unknown or coercion through a fear tactic.

If you are reading this and doubt my analysis please read Article 8 Section 3 for yourselves. Those active freight members who also believe in a members right to vote without any type of coersive act please talk the members in your barns and inform them a NO vote does not mean we will go on strike, there is 2 and 1/2 months left to send them back to the table and fix this proposal.

Yeah, and thanks to Brother Hoffa we have this language that Carey carved out of the freakin contract years ago.....

Who is this? Tim or Darryl?

I am voting no, so dont try to change my mind, but if this kind of mindless baloney keeps getting posted I just might change my mind.

I am just asking a question that the president of my local kept asking. Do you want YRC to go out of business? I hope the answer is no. At one time 80% of all freight on the road was delivered by a company under the National master freight now only 11% of freight is being hauled by a NMF company. I don't like the Utility and I won't bid on a Utility spot till i see how it runs and where the seniority falls stuff like that. If you don't like utility don't bid on it. I understand we could loose freight to the utility but there is a committee in place to watch over it to try to catch problems. With the economy where it is an freight as slow as it is I thought is was a descent contract. We are losing market share to the non union companies just doing the same old same seams to be going in the wrong direction. I have lost all my seniority and had to start over because my company went out of business i wouldn't want anyone to have to go through that i don't want to have to find another LTL company to haul for and start at the bottom all over again. There are no union company's left to go to without ABF.
I am just saying think about it. It isn't 1950 and we are NOT the only show in town.
The other non union companies including UPS freight are trying to steal every piece of our freight they can get there hands on.

Yeah, and thanks to Brother Hoffa we have this language that Carey carved out of the freakin contract years ago.....

Who is this? Tim or Darryl?

I am voting no, so dont try to change my mind, but if this kind of mindless baloney keeps getting posted I just might change my mind.

What mindless baloney are you referring to?

If I am reading your post incorrectly I apologize, but it appears you are defending Hoffa. The same Hoffa that let UPS out of the pension fund, the same Hoffa that gave UPSF a sweet deal and now wants to give YRC a sweet deal. What language are you referring to that Hoffa put back in the contract?

What mindless baloney are you referring to?

If I am reading your post incorrectly I apologize, but it appears you are defending Hoffa. The same Hoffa that let UPS out of the pension fund, the same Hoffa that gave UPSF a sweet deal and now wants to give YRC a sweet deal. What language are you referring to that Hoffa put back in the contract?

Hoffa did the right thing letting UPS out of the pension. Thats is a sweet deal, unfreakinbeatable. If trucker bob would guarantee the same, i would favor that, you dang right.

Look at todays date. this aint 1970. You ever get your skull cracked fighting for this Union?
I did on two occasions. among other broken bones, and a stab wound and a gunshot wound. I lived to tell about it. I got lucky.
Other guys, not so freakin lucky. I stand behind Hoffa and yeah I voted for him. If I didnt believe in what he stands for I would have voted for leadumdowntheprimrosepath.

Then you TDU guys could be blowin the stink wind his way, and wonder why you didnt vote for Hoffa.

Time for you guys to look to the end result. We gonna have a job in five years if we dont change?

Oh yeah, I forgot we dont have to change because these companies have a tree that grows money. Instead of complainin lets hear your plan. and remember we are all counting on you to protect our jobs for the next 5 years. putz

Hoffa did the right thing letting UPS out of the pension. Thats is a sweet deal, unfreakinbeatable. If trucker bob would guarantee the same, i would favor that, you dang right.

Look at todays date. this aint 1970. You ever get your skull cracked fighting for this Union?
I did on two occasions. among other broken bones, and a stab wound and a gunshot wound. I lived to tell about it. I got lucky.
Other guys, not so freakin lucky. I stand behind Hoffa and yeah I voted for him. If I didnt believe in what he stands for I would have voted for leadumdowntheprimrosepath.

Then you TDU guys could be blowin the stink wind his way, and wonder why you didnt vote for Hoffa.

Time for you guys to look to the end result. We gonna have a job in five years if we dont change?

Oh yeah, I forgot we dont have to change because these companies have a tree that grows money. Instead of complainin lets hear your plan. and remember we are all counting on you to protect our jobs for the next 5 years. putz

Please enlighten me how UPS out of pension is a good deal, oh yeah less than a month after that happened it was announced that the early retirement penalty was increased from 6% to 8%. Is that some of your evidence?

Let's see skull cracked twice, numerous broken bones, stabbed and gunshot wound that's just not luck, I'd say it's bullshit. Don't try to come on here and tell us stories like you were an extra in the real life Hoffa movie.

I never said there wasn't need for some change, but I'm not prepared to throught the baby out with the bathwater just because I'm too scared to stand up for what's right, grow a pair my freind.

You really are out of touch, no the company does not have a tree that grows money, but they did show record profits for the past 4 years and all of a sudden they are broke and on the brink of shutting down, c'mon are you that gullible or just that much of a kitty cat.

I notice you did not comment on the UPSF freight deal which gave the largest most profitable company in the trucking industry a contract sub standard to the NMFA, anyone with half a brain can figure out that was going to cause problems with these NMFA negs. You just go on being a kitty cat and defending James P. Hoffa and company, regardless of the fact that he f@#ked it up.

You my freind are the putz.

Let's see skull cracked twice, numerous broken bones, stabbed and gunshot wound that's just not luck, I'd say it's bullshit. Don't try to come on here and tell us stories like you were an extra in the real life Hoffa movie.

Well met, I have to tell you this man has been a Teamster since about 1960. Thats all I am going to say.

I am staying out of this one, you are now on your own.

Good Luck