ODFL | 2008 team trucks

easttnhillbilly

TB Regular
Credits
i was at mrt shop on 12/07/07 and they had a rep from cat and are inspecting the new emision systems for problems seems there having trouble with the little pipe that runs back to the engine getting to hot these trucks have so much crap on the they have to remove the fenders just to inspect them there supposed to bring all 2008 in shop for inspection just a heads up

i was at mrt shop on 12/07/07 and they had a rep from cat and are inspecting the new emision systems for problems seems there having trouble with the little pipe that runs back to the engine getting to hot these trucks have so much crap on the they have to remove the fenders just to inspect them there supposed to bring all 2008 in shop for inspection just a heads up

i dont go to the term much if anyone hears of them finding major problems please post

They grounded all 2008 team trucks yesterday. They started renting trucks for the teams to run as most that have new trucks have schedules. I guess we can say goodbye to CAT power soon.

They grounded all 2008 team trucks yesterday. They started renting trucks for the teams to run as most that have new trucks have schedules. I guess we can say goodbye to CAT power soon.

Might be a problem getting them switched out and having a unit for them when they go back on duty.I hope not but you know who you're dealing with.

we should all thank the EPA. it is a problem between what type of equipment you want to buy and what will work together.i think the people who come up with the new rules (EPA) should have to go into the factories and shops of repair and see what kind of problems their rules and regulations create.I wonder if OD is given money back from Freightliner for having to rent trucks to cover their cost.New technology is great when it has enough time to be tested,can we say VISTA.

we should all thank the EPA. it is a problem between what type of equipment you want to buy and what will work together.i think the people who come up with the new rules (EPA) should have to go into the factories and shops of repair and see what kind of problems their rules and regulations create.I wonder if OD is given money back from Freightliner for having to rent trucks to cover their cost.New technology is great when it has enough time to be tested,can we say VISTA.

Something tells me when it's all over O.D. won't be on the losing end.....You and other drivers are the best R & D these big companys have.

Was yesterday in MRT and was wondering about that new Team - Freightliners I saw there.
Then saw a little sticker on the side with Rider on it. Was thinking “how comes”.
Now that’s explains.

ok now we see if OD starts to change how they get trucks.BTW anybody seen any new linehaul/combo 08 freightliners and if so are they having the same problems.

ok now we see if OD starts to change how they get trucks.BTW anybody seen any new linehaul/combo 08 freightliners and if so are they having the same problems.

from what i hear its not just cat its all engine manufacturers having problems with the new emission set up in one way or another changing trucks is not going to end the breakdowns until the engine manufactures fix the problems epa did not give them enough time to test so we are the research team for them:hide:

I guess in this case a team may feel grateful if they do not have a 08. I know I am grateful I do not have a Mercedes with a auto jake.

A fella,who usually tells the truth,told me Freightliner would start sending techs around to the terminals Monday to make changes on the 2008s.What changes I don't know,if you see one of them find out what's happening.