SAIA | 2009 Day cabs

coyote3

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone seen any new day cabs?I know the teams got a few new 2009's but I have not seen any day cabs.My meet man said there was one in their shop with no lettering on it yet.Since Tony A. told us we were not getting any new trailers this year just wondering about tractors.
Also,did you get many linehaul runs added meeting teams?Got quit a few added here out west.Long live the 5-diget trailer.

there are about 5 on the line in CLT fully decal'd, but the fairings are still strapped to the roof from transport. i didn't get a look from the front, but i think they look the same....they didn't upgrade to the "new" hood design.

had the lettering, fairings still strapped on top.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, they look funny without busted up fenders,scratch's and whatnot

We have the same problem.It would be nice to have dedicated p&d tractors.

hell...when i was a city driver i wished we had city tractors. we only had a couple of the baby trucks left when i started... i loved me 96 international for getting in and out of tight places. i hated it for heavy loads though.

D-Man,that Russian you sent out here turned out to be a good guy.On time,doesnt mind the snow,pleasant to talk to.I just shake my head and agree with him cause I useually dont have a clue what he's saying.

D-Man,that Russian you sent out here turned out to be a good guy.On time,doesnt mind the snow,pleasant to talk to.I just shake my head and agree with him cause I useually dont have a clue what he's saying.

we would do the same!!:hysterical: i never said he's a bad guy....just hard to understand and when you can understand him, he's complaining. my TM says he doesn't mind snow b/c in the country the Russian is from, they have to wait till August to bury their dead. We actually kinda miss him....we are running out of material to say in his voice.

i hope they buy all the tractors they can in anticipation of the 2010 model year. everyone but international will be making engine without an egr. that's a good thing right? no more blow tubes, egr coolers, or faulty valves. it's not though...to take the place of the egr there will be a system that uses Urea or diesel exhaust fluid as it's come to be known. it some how burns up pollutants...Freightliner is trying to design an engine that uses extra diesel fuel to accomplish the same thing so we won't have the need for another liquid to keep track of on board. International on the other hand is going to build an engine that reciculates even more gases through the egr, is twin turbo, but has no intercooler (charge air cooler). 2010 is gonna be a screwed up model year.

TheTrucker.com - America's Trucking Newspaper

https://www.glgroup.com/News/SCR-and-Urea-logistics-for-2010-trucks-28393.html

news flash.............14 new 09's in dallas 11-26-08 at 9:30 am.............still no scratch's........... we keep all updated as scratch's appear......that is all

I have heard Saia bought International white team and day cab trucks!!! I seen the shop manager looking at the 09s yesterday!! Word was he was keying all down both sides and kicking dents in the dumpers getting them ready to be put in the system!! Anyone want to bet what state the first 09 gets totaled in??

news flash.............14 new 09's in dallas 11-26-08 at 9:30 am.............still no scratch's........... we keep all updated as scratch's appear......that is all

hahahahahahaha! i'm surprised that volvo doesn't pre-damage the lower lip spoiler and the hoods for us. ehh....i did my part damaing the lower lip once...:hide:

:1036316054:
I have heard Saia bought International white team and day cab trucks!!! I seen the shop manager looking at the 09s yesterday!! Word was he was keying all down both sides and kicking dents in the dumpers getting them ready to be put in the system!! Anyone want to bet what state the first 09 gets totaled in??

:hysterical::hysterical:

north carolina. sitting in the clt yard in front of shop with spoilers still strapped to the roof, yard jockey coming around the pup drop line at full speed while talking on the two way :TR10driving03:

New Runs?

I have heard that two of our runs will change on Dec 7th. no one has said what those changes would be though, teams maybe. I have not seen any 09 tractors yet.:TR10driving03:

:TR10driving03:Indiana----It's drunk driving season.:TR10driving03:

north carolina. sitting in the clt yard in front of shop with spoilers still strapped to the roof, yard jockey coming around the pup drop line at full speed while talking on the two way :TR10driving03:

please tell me that's not why 074** is all mangled up. it looked like an incident with a deer to me, but you never know.