SAIA | 2009 Day cabs

thanksgiving news update...............13 new 09's in dallas at 10:00 am ( 2 with the fairings installed) ................where's the 14th one?...........maybe the body shop removing fresh scratch's....................that is all

i drove an 08 to make a quick residential delivery before working the dock once....it was ok i guess. i didn't like the fact they ordered them with no engine brake though. international might have told them to try out a few trucks, and if the company liked them, they would sell alot of them for a better price than volvo.

DemolitionMan,

The 08s came with a exhaust engine brake!! The button to turn it on wasn’t on the dash in some of the 08s!! Climb back up in the 08 and check the levers behind steering wheel!! If I remember right its on the right hand side!!

DemolitionMan,

The 08s came with a exhaust engine brake!! The button to turn it on wasn’t on the dash in some of the 08s!! Climb back up in the 08 and check the levers behind steering wheel!! If I remember right its on the right hand side!!

thanks for that. we don't have any at my terminal, so i didn't have much time to dig around. i was just thinking WTF?! when i got in it that day.

I like the exhaust brake on the dash a lot better!! The one behind the steering wheel had 2 or 3 stages to it!! Depending how much you wanted to slow down!!

my poor ol city international doesn't go fast enough to warrant a jake brake...but it is a good ol truck...:1036316054:

update.............20 new 09's in dallas ,1/2 of them have the fairings up............they are marked "29 0f 86" and so on...............no scratch's yet.............but they are starting to get the bird poop on 'em..........that is all

b 4 u take off in one, take out your insignia hd dv hdmi video camera and take a movie, all the way around the truck or else. :chairshot: