ODFL | 2009 Employee Survey

What does this survey look like. If somebody would post it I`ll make copies and drop them in the drivers room, nobody will know who did it.

It may not go to all terminals but you can pull it up on line from OD's website I think.

Got mine in the mail yesterday! Letter also said you could do it online! I would ask your terminal manager for the web address if you dont get one in the mail or at your terminal.

We did one this year and last year. It was required to be filled it out. I just found out that they're supposed to be confidential. I have reason to believe that my TM read mine because I was told to fill it out and hand it in. No envelope either. So I handed directly to him, face up so all the responses could be easily read. All of a sudden I start getting nasty emails and notes from my TM and the so called supervisor / secretary about very petty things. About things that were never an issue in the past. Other drivers are doing the same things and not being called on it. I wonder if it's retaliation.

We did one this year and last year. It was required to be filled it out. I just found out that they're supposed to be confidential. I have reason to believe that my TM read mine because I was told to fill it out and hand it in. No envelope either. So I handed directly to him, face up so all the responses could be easily read. All of a sudden I start getting nasty emails and notes from my TM and the so called supervisor / secretary about very petty things. About things that were never an issue in the past. Other drivers are doing the same things and not being called on it. I wonder if it's retaliation.

I sure hope not BelgianBuzzard.I would hate to think that someone gave an honest man a survey wanting his honest opinion and then because they didn't like the answers they turned petty and chicken ::shit::.I've seen the man that put this company on the map stand and listen to anything an employee had to say with a handshake and an open mind many times.

Dont trust the survey thing at all....Heard a driver was terminated in Orlando for giving his opinion about supervisors and management....Dont trust human resources either, they will share everything you say with corporate as well as their terminal managers.....Also heard Orlando TM shared all remarks with supervisors from surveys.....They act as if they want your opinion, best bet, keep it to yourself.......

[quote author=JIM BOB link=topic=66797.msg726205#msg726205 date=1255030081]

I sure hope not BelgianBuzzard.I would hate to think that someone gave an honest man a survey wanting his honest opinion and then because they didn't like the answers they turned petty and chicken ::shit::.I've seen the man that put this company on the map stand and listen to anything an employee had to say with a handshake and an open mind many times.
[/quote
Just a quick note here I too have watched a man that put a company on the map do the same. Now he is gone so are his kids and its now YRCW.]

We did ours a couple of months ago. We also got our results back. They are private but based on the rating, the TM knows what should be worked on. We actually had a cookout and everyone sat down and discussed everything with our TM. Got to give him credit he really cares and is starting to implement the changes we suggested. We do have a small terminal, but it does have its benefits..... our TM actually listens !!!! Gotta Love It!!!!

Probably ok if your not based in Florida. Same story in west palm to the orl story. The manager actually filled out the return envelops in his handwriting & found out which office employees filled out online. Hardly a confidential survey. You hand the survey to the person that they are asking you about. It's a joke.