Holland | 2009 Vacation-Sick Days

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
Anybody cashing out their vacation and sick days? I hear some guys are getting their money now, fearing the end is near. Alot of guys at CF lost their days when they went under. Good luck to all, hope for the best prepare for the worst.

Anybody cashing out their vacation and sick days? I hear some guys are getting their money now, fearing the end is near. Alot of guys at CF lost their days when they went under. Good luck to all, hope for the best prepare for the worst.
One ex-CF guy that I know said that he lost nearly $14,000 dollars when they closed. Several weeks of vacation time, and I guess they held several weeks worth of pay, trying to survive. And they assured the drivers that "they were good for the money". When they closed, CF never did give them the full amount of the money that they owed them. If I remember right, he may have got about $4,000 of the $14,000 that they owed him.:nutkick: And that took forever to get even that much.

It does make you start thinking about using them up.

I believe you can take your sick days now but you might have to wait till April 1st for your vacation days..

why do guys think the end is near?

the signs dude
no b-day gift
no xmas ham
:1036316054:
hmmmmmm....
the new service....
the management ....
the fact that holland is for sale ....
and no buyers ...
THE NUMBER 1 SIGN THAT THE END IS NEAR IS .....

the 10% giveback

:popcorn:

actually Im just kidding ... who actually knows anyway

I believe you can take your sick days now but you might have to wait till April 1st for your vacation days..

Your vacation days are tied to your seniority date. Once 7 months and 7 days, or something like that, have passed after your seniority date, you have all of your vacation pay coming.

If your seniority date is June 1st, then around January 8th you have all of your vacation coming. Thats how it is in Central States anyway.