ODFL | 2012 uniform order's

Grumpy O' Man

TB Veteran
Credits
Found out today that they are doing away with the striped grey&white button up shirt's..Will have choice of the 2 shirt styles..Going to give us 5 new shirt's this yr.plus the $100 credit like we have been getting.

same here..Order'd all dark green last yr..Had to throw one away..Got grease all over it one night.ugg..Glad they going to let us get 5 freebie's this yr..Get me caught up on uniform's.Time to take the $100 for some new short's&jean's this yr.
i hope they do. ive had new style since last yr like them much better

Well,what do you think of the new button up dress work shirt's?Thought they were going to offer only the golf shirt's this yr.Dark Green&light green color..Order'd this morning.Only Dark Green&black Golf shirt&a dark green&black button up dress shirt.P&D driver's were inform'd that when order's come in you are required to only wear the new style&not to wear the old style when working."Image Branding".I think the new shirt's are nice.Just different..But,that's good..

Well,I mis-understood..I thought everyone was getting 5 extra shirt's because of new uniform rule's.5 extra shirt's were for the P&D driver's only.linehaul willbe able to wear any of the uniform's..They want all P&D driver's to be dress'd in the new style shirt's only.
Found out today that they are doing away with the striped grey&white button up shirt's..Will have choice of the 2 shirt styles..Going to give us 5 new shirt's this yr.plus the $100 credit like we have been getting.

Saw the new shirts yesterday. All I'll say is I'm glad I'm in line haul and don't have to wear them. They're atrocious!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The button up's are nice..Different,but will grow on you..Be nice in the cooler month's to wear t-shirt under..They will look nice for special event's..Like going bowling..lol

Does anyone know why OD does not make linehaul wear uniforms? They can wear anything they want.
Probably because they don't come into close contact with the customers,In my region the vast majority of line-drivers wear them(my barn 100%)but we'll still see the occasional wild driver dressed like he was last in line when the Salvation Army truck was handing out clothing at the overpass he was living under.

When the new uniform deal started.The linehaul guy's could get uniform's.But,they had to sign contract that they would wear them.Just don't understand the driver's.OD furnish you cloth's every year&driver's don't want top have any..

Also found out that the Dock guy's will not be able to order the P&D shirt's anymore..They want the supervisor's to wear one color shirt.Driver's to wear other color..I do think the dock guy's should be furnish'd T-Shirt's..

I'm thinking about giving my old shirt's to someone on the dock that would wear them..Would really be nice for all the driver's to give them to dock guy's...Then they wouldn't be messing up there on cloth's

I do think they should require all driver's to be in uniform..If you are going to be working&representing OD you should look professional..That doesn't mean wear flip-flop's..Why would I want to mess my cloth's up when the company is paying for them..I wear the short's,black relax fit jean's...Prime example seen a driver Fri. night showing is crack,belly showing...That doesn't fly with me..I have a pair of suspender's I will wear if I can't keep my pant's up.Od pay's us good money to drive there truck's..So we should atleast look professional

yes drivers should look nice and profecional but the dark clothing is a safty risk at night espically in the terminals that arent well lit thats why i prefer to buy the bright orange od shirts to wear there more visible at night ive also seen flouresent green od shirts lately but i have also seen the drivers that ken has described they should take a little more pride in there apperance i dont think everyone should be in uniforms but every one should look respectable with clothes that corretly fit

I haveheard the same WRT line drivers.Since they don't come in contact with the public/customers directly.The newer shirts seem to be cooler.They had them last year and this years' shirts apparently are just a new "branding" embroidered on.
I think the issue isn't safety at all.Some guys just come in looking all sloppy.But then some guys in uniform can look sloppy too with all kinds of grease on their shirt.Either way I would rather wear a uniform than my own clothes.Did so even when I wasn't driving.Out of pocket but at least I had something to wear.And they last a while.

I ordered a couple bowling shirts along with some of my order.Haven't seen them yet.Anyone noticed how Conway changed there unis a while back ?