XPO | 2013 truck list

micro brew

TB Veteran
Credits
Are any terminals posting the truck list with the bid list? Mine does not. It clearly should be for total number assigned per run and the units assigned to the run.

I'm more interested in the number of trucks assigned to the the run because I don't care where I go. I'd rather have 5 out of 10 pick on an 08 unit than get stuck with the last 12 unit. I'm kinda in the middle so I can go anywhere but my number 2 bid might be where I get a truck from.

It's top secret here. What is your terminal doing?

Are any terminals posting the truck list with the bid list? Mine does not. It clearly should be for total number assigned per run and the units assigned to the run.

I'm more interested in the number of trucks assigned to the the run because I don't care where I go. I'd rather have 5 out of 10 pick on an 08 unit than get stuck with the last 12 unit. I'm kinda in the middle so I can go anywhere but my number 2 bid might be where I get a truck from.

It's top secret here. What is your terminal doing?

Shuffling equipment to be ready for the new bid year.

They've been moving new equipment in here, getting ready for next year. They want to put 300,000 to 400,000 on those units as quickly as possible, while they're new.

We've been swapping alot of units here lately because we rack up the miles....

Swapping going on at hubby's terminal. He's losing his 2012 and the trucks are being moved up. Refurbs being brought in for the shorter runs and drivers ain't happy about it.

Ok so it's not just here then. We did a lot of those swaps last year too but I was able to see the list before I bid.

I guess a lot of it is what you're used to, but I'd take a refurb Sterling over anything else. The few I've driven are runners.

The truck list doesn't matter... they can change units at anytime anyways. Remember when the recession hit? My new truck was parked and I got a 95 to drive on a 700 mile run for the year.

The truck list doesn't matter... they can change units at anytime anyways. Remember when the recession hit? My new truck was parked and I got a 95 to drive on a 700 mile run for the year.

Yeah I fully understand that. I'm more interested in the number of trucks assigned to the run than the actual units. I don't wanna get stuck with the last unit assigned to a run because there's always a reason It's last.

Yea......its that time of year again. It appears at my terminal we are losing half of our refurb sterlings and getting rusty "432" units from up north, like '05 and '06 models. Sounds like a great deal for us! Im at a terminal with a maintenance shop so our best trucks (many refurbs) are always taken for swaps and gone for months. Its one reason why i chose a '04 432 unit to drive every day. Ragged and rusty as hell as it is i know nobody will want it, but i keep it clean and it runs its ass off despite having 1,023,000 miles on it. Must have been a old XBO unit judging by some paper work in the permit book along with some canadian documents.