Central Transport | 2014 Central Transport Benefits Outline

A Truckers Wife

TB Lurker
Credits
I thought it would be helpful to start this as a new thread so it doesn't get buried in a multi-page thread. Here is the information for the 2014 Benefits offered at Central Transport. Let's start with the overview of numbers:

Deductible Plans to Choose From:
Low
$1,000 Single / $2,000 Family
85% Coverage In-Network

Standard
$1,500 Single / $3,000 Family
75% Coverage In-Network

High
$1,800 Single / $3,600 Family
70% Coverage In-Network

Employee Weekly Benefit Contribution:
Low
$72 Single
$105 Double
$118 Family of 3
$126 Family of 4
$133 Family of 5

Standard
$54 Single
$77 Double
$83 Family of 3
$93 Family of 4
$104 Family of 5

High
$40 Single
$53 Double
$57 Family of 3
$64 Family of 4
$72 Family of 5

Dental Employee Weekly Contribution (No Plan Changes for 2014):
Single…$6
Double…$12
Family of 3…$16
Family of 4…$18
Family of 5…$20

Prescription Plan Co Pays by Deductible Plan:
Generic Store Price
Low $15
Standard $20
High $25

Generic Mail (90 day supply I believe.)
Low $30
Standard $40
High $50

Brand Store Price (Reimbursement rates.)
Low 70%
Standard 60%
High 50%

Brand Mail (90 day supply I believe.) (Reimbursement rates.)
Low 75%
Standard 75%
High 55%

New for 2014:
Preventative screenings, immunizations, and generic contraceptive coverage is available at no cost when using the PPO networks.

These numbers are based on utilizing In-Network providers/pharmacies/dentists. For the sake of time, I didn't add Out of Network info but will if you'd like to know that info. I'll list some more specific coverage such as dental and in-network examples of services at your request.

If you have insurance currently and you do not wish to make a change, you do not need to do anything. If you wish to change coverage plans (and I assume new Vitran drivers also fall into that category) you need to email your revised plan election to [email protected].

Info that I do not have is life insurance, disability insurance, and what will happen to Vitran's 401K status.

Hope this helps someone! :1036316054:

Thanks for posting this!

These are better options than we had at Vitran. What are the out of pocket maximums?

I'm concerned about disability and life insurance. With our husband's jobs, that's important coverage.

Thanks for posting this!

These are better options than we had at Vitran. What are the out of pocket maximums?

I'm concerned about disability and life insurance. With our husband's jobs, that's important coverage.

I agree, MM. Husband is quite pleased that it didn't go up too terribly much for 2014 AND he likes that deductibles are a lot lower. I will probably have to drop Benefits an email to try and get some info on life insurance and disability.

To answer your question, all three levels carry the same out-of-pocket limits ... $6,350 Person /$12,700 Family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I would like to know about out of network when you get a chance. Our local hospitals show up, though my doctor does not. Detroit term found out today that our Vitran insurance is cancelled at 12 am on Sunday night and not paid through the end of the year as one would have thought it would be. Even though not all of us do not report to CT until Tuesday morning. We start our day at Vitran and end our day at
CT.

I did want to add that I found it interesting that they included a whole page on information about applying on the Healthcare dot gov site with the exchanges. Apparently, there are instances where you can do that, based on household income, and qualify for a better plan than what the employer has. This was new to me ... I thought you had to take what an employer offered. Anyway, if interested, I can type out some of the hi-lights on Saturday.

Thank you. I would like to know about out of network when you get a chance. Our local hospitals show up, though my doctor does not. Detroit term found out today that our Vitran insurance is cancelled at 12 am on Sunday night and not paid through the end of the year as one would have thought it would be. Even though not all of us do not report to CT until Tuesday morning. We start our day at Vitran and end our day at
CT.

That's very interesting, Jeep. I verified ours was in effect till the end of the year. Got that directly from Highmark. Not sure why there's conflicting info on this. Out of Network info below.

Out Of Network:

Low
$1,000 Single / $2,000 Family
70% Coverage Out-of-Network

Standard
$1,500 Single / $3,000 Family
60% Coverage Out-of-Network

High
$1,800 Single / $3,600 Family
60% Coverage Out-of-Network

Out of pocket maximums for Out of Network:
$12,700 Person/$25,400 Family

Must use MEDCO for Out of Network Pharmacy.

No preventative care coverage for Out of Network Providers.

Hope this helps!

That's very interesting, Jeep. I verified ours was in effect till the end of the year. Got that directly from Highmark. Not sure why there's conflicting info on this. Out of Network info below.

Is your terminal still split or have you merged completely? Ours is done as of Monday with P & D operations, though there still will be some mop up for our TM and dispatcher. One of our linehaul drivers wife was suppose to have surgery that had to be cancelled when he found out about no insurance. Yet we do not have a clue if we have CT insurance at 12:01 am Monday morning.

Is your terminal still split or have you merged completely? Ours is done as of Monday with P & D operations, though there still will be some mop up for our TM and dispatcher. One of our linehaul drivers wife was suppose to have surgery that had to be cancelled when he found out about no insurance. Yet we do not have a clue if we have CT insurance at 12:01 am Monday morning.

Same at the terminal here. Fully integrated as of Monday. As a matter of fact, my husband is working OT this weekend moving freight to the merged terminal. (Hbg, PA from York, PA).

Same at the terminal here. Fully integrated as of Monday. As a matter of fact, my husband is working OT this weekend moving freight to the merged terminal. (Hbg, PA from York, PA).

I will have to call Highmark to find out for sure. Yep, working on Sat to help move stuff. Heard the Det. CT has a mandatory Sat work for them to break all the trailers that are full of freight in their yard, to bad for the customers that wanted their stuff delivered in a timely manner. You may want to call Highmark and recheck to see if it is still good until 2014.

I agree, MM. Husband is quite pleased that it didn't go up too terribly much for 2014 AND he likes that deductibles are a lot lower. I will probably have to drop Benefits an email to try and get some info on life insurance and disability.
Isn't the low deductible plan paying a better percentage than Vitran's did? I can't find my old Vitran insurance book. Lower deductibles are worth the extra cost for us. I remember being frustrated by Vitran's high deductibles and low percentage payments.

A Truckers Wife;1299783To answer your question said:
all three levels carry the same out-of-pocket limits ... $6,350/$12,700[/B].
After that, they pay 100%, right?

What Jeep says goes with my husband hearing that Vitran will be completely CT on Monday. And we're in a different city from Jeep so it might be true.

Isn't the low deductible plan paying a better percentage than Vitran's did? I can't find my old Vitran insurance book. Lower deductibles are worth the extra cost for us. I remember being frustrated by Vitran's high deductibles and low percentage payments.

Vitran was paying at 80% after deductible. We didn't have the choice of levels like Central's insurance. If you choose the lowest deductible level of $1,000, the 85% is paying out 5% more than Vitran did.

After that, they pay 100%, right?

Yes. That should be correct. Unless it's out-of-network, then you look for the higher maximum out-of-pocket.

Vitran was paying at 80% after deductible. We didn't have the choice of levels like Central's insurance. If you choose the lowest deductible level of $1,000, the 85% is paying out 5% more than Vitran did.

Yes. That should be correct. Unless it's out-of-network, then you look for the higher maximum out-of-pocket.
That's what I remember. I can't express how disappointed I was when I saw our health insurance at Vitran. These options are better.

Premiums might be slightly higher, but that would have happened anyway because all employers raised premiums this year.

Prescription Plan Co Pays by Deductible Plan:
Generic Store Price
Low $15
Standard $20
High $25

Generic Mail (90 day supply I believe.)
Low $30
Standard $40
High $50

Brand Store Price (Reimbursement rates.)
Low 70%
Standard 60%
High 50%

Brand Mail (90 day supply I believe.) (Reimbursement rates.)
Low 75%
Standard 75%
High 55%

I forgot to add that prescriptions are NOT subject to deductibles.

More paperwork brought home by husband today (worked Sat to merge terminals). Who would have thought a person could be so excited about paperwork? Anyway, here's what he had plus some info that might be of interest to some:

W4

I9 (to verify citizenship, natural or otherwise. he'll take in two forms of ID from a list provided)

Life Insurance Beneficiary Designation Form ($50,000 employee life insurance, company paid-no cost to employee. No option to purchase additional or add spouse/family.)

At least the insurance is $20,00 more than Vitran had BUT I would have liked the option to purchase more plus add a spouse policy.

The list said that there was also suppose to be a Medical Enrollment form but it wasn't in the packet of info. They have a 'hotline' set up to call in and get info specifically on benefits for Vitran drivers who merged. I called and left a message but they say it could take 72 hours to get back to me.

Every day seems to bring more and more answers. I am glad! :icon_dance:

Life Insurance Beneficiary Designation Form ($50,000 employee life insurance, company paid-no cost to employee. No option to purchase additional or add spouse/family.)

At least the insurance is $20,00 more than Vitran had BUT I would have liked the option to purchase more plus add a spouse policy.
That's disappointing. Hubby and I will have no option but to stay alive. :p

I guess it's time to revisit our private policies and make adjustments there.