Central Transport | 2014 Central Transport Benefits Outline

Hopefully the rest of us in HBG will get some paperwork and answers to other questions. Never heard of a company that has no answers for their employees

Hopefully the rest of us in HBG will get some paperwork and answers to other questions. Never heard of a company that has no answers for their employees

They had just gotten the paperwork yesterday so that's how my husband got it. Are you still in Camp Hill or are you in York? Husband is taking the completed paperwork in to York in the a.m. but will be bringing his load back to Camp Hill in the p.m. (then shuttling back to get his vehicle in York). I think this is just for Monday though. Saying all that so that you know the paperwork is there and you should be getting it Monday.

That's disappointing. Hubby and I will have no option but to stay alive. :p

I guess it's time to revisit our private policies and make adjustments there.

My husband and I just went over that very thing yesterday, MM. We need to offset the loss of the higher life insurance through private means.

Still in camp hill. Do you know if it is just the healthcare paperwork or is company policies also included. Heard from other drivers those with less than 10 years will lose their 3rd week vacation. Any news about pay scale? Anything about how vacation time is acquired? These are questions that they should be able to answer but for some reason they haven't. I have many more, not trying to be ass but would like to know a little about the company that wants me to be a driver for them.

Still in camp hill. Do you know if it is just the healthcare paperwork or is company policies also included. Heard from other drivers those with less than 10 years will lose their 3rd week vacation. Any news about pay scale? Anything about how vacation time is acquired? These are questions that they should be able to answer but for some reason they haven't. I have many more, not trying to be ass but would like to know a little about the company that wants me to be a driver for them.

He got the healthcare outline of plans on Friday. All that is hi-lighted in the original post I put here (although I'm sure you'd like to have that in hand as well). Totally understand that! The paperwork that he got Saturday were the payroll documents (W4 and I9) and then the form to assign your beneficiary for life insurance. The one thing that I had to call about (and will post when I get an answer) is HOW do you enroll for the medical insurance? That form was not included but I don't know if that has to do with being covered (or not) till the end of December. Will let you know if they get back to me on that. There's also suppose to be access to full details online but the link provided doesn't work.
comp26.gif
I asked about that as well.

Vitran drivers only got 3 weeks vacation if they had 10 years so there wouldn't be a loss of a week if it's 'those with less than 10 years'. My husband has 20+ so he lost that 4th week of vacation and now has 3 with Central.

I can't answer, or guess, about payscale other than to say they said drivers would not be dropped in pay. This is good news for my husband as he was at Vitran top rate which (I think) may be higher than Central top rate. There was word of adjustment BUT no one is holding their breath on that one!

I had heard, and my husband concurs, that vacation is considered PTO so you use-it-or-lose-it at the end of the year. No personal or sick days--all PTO, but please don't quote me on that!

Here's the phone number they gave as a HOTLINE for questions: 866-354-1348 There was an email address but it kicked back on me as invalid.
comp26.gif
So I resorted to calling.

Yea anyone with 5-9 years will lose a weeks vacation(they will only get two) as for myself I was looking forward to that 4th but can live without it. My concern is the fact they aren't answering any of the other questions,just has me wondering why.

Vitran drivers only got 3 weeks vacation if they had 10 years so there wouldn't be a loss of a week if it's 'those with less than 10 years'. My husband has 20+ so he lost that 4th week of vacation and now has 3 with Central.

I had heard, and my husband concurs, that vacation is considered PTO so you use-it-or-lose-it at the end of the year. No personal or sick days--all PTO, but please don't quote me on that!

At least in Detroit they changed the vacation time frame to 8 years for 3 weeks about 5 years ago

he is right about vacation time they consider it all pto time so use it or lose it that includes if you quit with time owed you forfeit it.

it's only a couple wks til 2014, the lack of ins forms and unanswered questions is most likely due to this. they will drop the bomb soon. i would'nt put it past them to revise everything for 2014, ins rates, pay rates, vac time, ect....i picture adjustments are coming,

it's only a couple wks til 2014, the lack of ins forms and unanswered questions is most likely due to this. they will drop the bomb soon. i would'nt put it past them to revise everything for 2014, ins rates, pay rates, vac time, ect....i picture adjustments are coming,

Probably. :-)

All the insurance info I posted here is from the 2014 rates that were increased from last year (2013). I have no idea though what, if anything, will happen to payscales. The vacation time (PTO) is set by Central ... taking into acct. years worked (even at Vitran).

Just got a call back in reply to my voice mail on the hotline set up for questions. Spoke with one of the nicest people--Matt Shadd--from Central Transport. While several of my questions have been answered over the last couple of days, he was able to address some that weren't. I asked if I could share here and he was absolutely fine with it.

Life Insurance - No current ability to purchase more or add a spouse/family policy. They had it some years ago but there was little interest in it.

Disability Ins - No short term disability available. There is long term disability but you must request that info from the Benefits Dept. if you are interested. There is most likely a weekly payroll deduction but he didn't have the rate.

Medical Coverage - His understanding is that the medical coverage starts the first day of work as a Central employee, even if you haven't completed the paperwork. All claims would be retroactive to that first day of employment. He's heard the word about Highmark being till the end of the year for Vitran, but employees are reporting that their claims are getting kicked back. He's not sure if there's regional mis-information or what.

Internal Web Site - Yes, it is only a terminal manager access thing. You can ask your TM to look into further info regarding medical/dental ins. etc. Disregard that address on the paperwork.

Email - They had undergone a change in the email awhile ago so he's heard that, while the old address is suppose to forward, for many it does not. He's getting some from the old address but told me the correct address to try if needed.

Questions - He said that the Benefits Dept is swamped under with work. They are trying their very best to get caught up and reply to questions, phone calls, and emails.

Okay, well, that's pretty much what I got as I scribbled notes. I thought I'd post some important phone numbers and email addresses and, with luck, one or more of them can get you answers to your questions. :1036316054: They are:

Hotline Phone Number 866-354-1348
Hotline Email [email protected]
Benefits Phone Number 800-201-0450
Benefits Email [email protected]